DVDVR Message Board

NOAH "New Year Navigation 2014" on 1/5/14

Kevin Wilson

Yerp, now that it is 2014 we are going to start having threads again for major events.  Not much advance posting for this one, but potential for some entertaining matches here:

MLwNTnc.jpg

Tokyo Korakuen Hall 
Announced Attendance - 2,000 (Super No Vacancy)

1. Kenou defeated Hitoshi Kumano (7:19) with a Modified Camel Clutch
2. Mohammed Yone defeated Yoshinari Ogawa (11:24) with a Muscle Buster
3. Daisuke Harada defeated Atsushi Kotoge (12:12) with a Katayama German Suplex Hold
4. Yoshihiro Takayama, Hajime Ohara, and Genba Hirayanagi defeated Naomichi Marufuji, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Taiji Ishimori (18:43) with a Modified Muy Bien from Ohara to Ishimori
5. Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls defeated Shinya Ishikawa and Yuji Okabayashi (15:37) with a Thunder Valley from Nicholls to Okabayashi
6. Boso Tetsu Kamen vs. Blue Justice Special Singles Match: Yuji Nagata defeated Maybach Taniguchi (10:25) by DQ
7. GHC Heavyweight Championship: Takeshi Morishima defeated KENTA © (21:48) with a Backdrop Suplex

New Champion... wonder if they have a plan or just after a year wanted to switch the belt....

He can do it if it isn't a 25 minute match, his singles matches in W-1 haven't been long or fast paced but he is still serviceable.  I don't mean that as a knock on Takayama's abilities, just that he is a bit physically limited these days due to age and injuries.  He actually had 57 matches in 2013 which seems kinda crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had a dollar every time I have heard that....

Just finished watching it, thought it was quite good.  Haven't watched NOAH in years, is this thing with showcasing young wrestlers new, or has it been happening for awhile and I just never knew? In four of the matches there was a wrestler under the age of 30 highlighted to make good, a departure from the NOAH of yesteryear.  So I was impressed by that, hopefully the young guys will continue to develop.

I thought Morishima-KENTA was excellent, my favourite match of 2014 so far for the tiny amount that's worth. Big man swats at little man matches are my favourite matches. The rest I could take or leave, though Haste/Nicholls vs. Okabayashi/Ishikawa was a lot of fun.