DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR'S CUDDLIEST MEMBER FOR 2014

Burgundy LaRue

As I'm sure no one is interested in knowing, I find a good-natured member of our fine establishment and deem that person as the DVDVR Cuddliest Member (aka The Cuddly One).  I started my tradition in 2012.

For the past two years, Dolfan in NYC has worn the crown with adorableness and good cheer with his regular postings of sweet-faced animals after Miami-affiliated teams lost.  Dolfan was well on his way to becoming a THREE TIME, THREE TIME, THREE TIME champion.

But alas, Dolfan lost ground late last year with odd pictures of growling dogs and mysterious droppings.  Ew.  That's not the way to BLR's cold heart.  So with that in mind, I thank Dolfan for his service and put the Cuddliest Crown on the line for the new year!

(smattering of applause)

There are several candidates worthy of wearing the imaginary crown and sash.  But I have narrowed the pool to just one person, the one who exemplifies the high standards I've set for such an honor.  Without further hesitation, ladies and gentleman!  Please join me in congratulating the DVDVR Cuddliest Member for 2014---

(drum roll)

MARTY SUGAR!

(smattering of applause, followed by random coughing and a yell of FIX! from the former champ)

Marty's posting of pictures of him wearing pumpkin-colored t-shirts during Halloween and knife-wielding daughters helped his cause.  But he sealed the victory with his fantastic diatribe slamming the awfulness of Bratz films in the Movies and TV section.  Some of his best work ever on the board.  So with that, Marty Sugar has been deemed by me as the DVDVR Cuddly One for the next 12 months.  Congratulations to him on his crown, which earns him no cash or prizes.  Sorry, it just ain't in the budget.

Be sure to come back next year as I crown a new DVDVR Cuddliest Member!  I will now serenade Marty as he takes his first walk as the victor to music selected just for him--

• Like 1

I tend to think I'm funny even if I'm not and I can actually be nice if that's what it takes! I'll even let Fowler out of his cage more than once a week.

Just found this...I'm touched.

I'd like to thank the DVDVR Academy, and the man upstairs: L. Ron Hubbard.

Now I'd like to go on a quasi-political diatribe until my mic gets cut off. We need to stop with th--

[cut to commercial]

We can't have a "Stop the Jae Abuse" speech.

• Like 1