DVDVR Message Board

ANIMATED WRESTLING GIFS FOR 2014

RIPPA

Who thinks this shit is a good idea?  I was watching youtube videos while getting dressed and one of those best moves videos for Kenny Omega came on and he did a top rope tiger suplex and I just thought, "Who the fuck agreed to that shit?"  Any time it seems like the odds for a career ending/shortening injury is higher than things going 100% I just don't understand it why people agree to do it.

I was agreeing with this until I remembered Misawa/Kobashi from 2003 (platform to floor tiger) and the impression that made on me. I'm not sure how ethically sound or sustainable some of my preferences in pro wrestling are, but I'll be damned if I didn't jump 10 feet into the air when Kobashi came down.

I agree, the moves are exciting and impressive and all of that shit.  My point is how the hell did Kobashi, or anyone else agree to doing it after it is suggested.  Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I'd just be thinking about all the shit that could go wrong the entire time.  For the record, I LOVE the old AJPW/NOAH stuff, my favorite move of all time is the brainbuster, and I wish I could go back to the day where I could see these moves and not cringe a little.  But knowing everything I know about concussions, and what eventually happened to Misawa, I really don't understand why people agree to get dumped on their heads all willy nilly like they do. 

The guy is double stomping the other guy while he's being tombstone pile-driven to add extra force to the move. How was this confusing the first time anybody saw that gif?

Also, if you're going to start going after wrestlers over unsafe tag team moves, then when are you guys going to kill the Road Warriors for taking liberties with the local jobbers (who most likely were paid in chocolate coins) when they were hitting them with head dropping Doomsday Devices? 

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table. I mean...come on? A guy taking a spot like that should be kayfabe dead and never wrestle again, but was that even the finish of this match?

• Like 2

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table. I mean...come on? A guy taking a spot like that should be kayfabe dead and never wrestle again, but was that even the finish of this match?

Probably not. He probably got rolled into the ring and hulked up on fighting spirit and elbowed them both & the ref.

000.gif

Who is the 5th Horseman????

JJ Dillon?

• Like 1

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table.

Because MOVEZ~!, extra monines in his already small take from the show (to pay his gym membership), and more stuff for the YouTube vid to get noticed by WWE, of course!!!

All our Indy Wrestlers should aspire to this higher standard of killing yourself for Mac-n-Cheese infront of 40 people.

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table.

Because MOVEZ~!, extra monines in his already small take from the show (to pay his gym membership), and more stuff for the YouTube vid to get noticed by WWE, of course!!!

All our Indy Wrestlers should aspire to this higher standard of killing yourself for Mac-n-Cheese infront of 40 people.

tumblr_m1icodVHvQ1qgdcwao2_r1_500.gif

• Like 11

It was the finisher of the match, although the Christs rolled the dude to the ring to do the cover which I didn't like. I'd rather have the referee just stop it right there.

The guy is taking bookings... in other promotions. What he will do in the next CZW show? No one knows, but DJ Hyde as a booker has been known to pay guys just to do angles and not have them wrestle if he thinks that's the best for the storyline/product. 

I have seen the spot, and they do several teases on the apron before doing it, and there was a reason for the other Christ being sited on the top buckle while the other dudes are on the apron. And there was a valet setting a table so yay for having valets being relevant. On that note, I think they built to the spot naturally and they made it death~! I haven't seen the match from start to finish, but I have seen some matches from JT Dunn and this is not the kind of move that he takes, like ever. CZW has been very storyline based, not that the crowd particularly cares about the stories, but at least they have an inciting incident, developing tension and layers and a logical payoff. Maybe they will do a big deal about it, maybe JT Dunn will become super over with those fans and that will allow him to have better matches with hotter crowds. 

I didn't say that the guy had to do "that" particularly spot. No one has to do any particular spot but at some points guys will try new stuff to catch some eyes and sometimes guys have to go a bit crazier.

Daniel Bryan didn't have to do springboard sentons to the crowd, but it was the same drive that made him try to top his best performances by adding that move that made him become a great wrestler in the first place. I guess that that's my basic argument, not that people should be doing tombstones to the floor (hey, I think no one should do them now) but if they don't have some drive to go all "dumb" then they will probably not have the drive to improve and get over as a wrestler. Ofc, this doesn't apply if the guy becomes a stuntman and so decides he doesn't have to work on other skills as long as he takes some head bumps on the floor etc. But I really don't think that's the case with any of the guys on the match.

Another example, random but I just remembered it: Colt Cabana taking the Super Michinoku Driver to the outside through a table from CM Punk in like 2001 which was way more crazier then the spot from the gif. Colt says he kinda regrets having doing it, but that's hindsight, at the time that's what he thought he had to do and it was part of a broader driven and competitive personality that made him improve as a wrestler.

Also, some times you have to go "dumb" before you become "smarter" because if you don't you will always hold yourself back and you will never find a good balance. And again, if you are gonna do something crazy, make it count: let's see what happens on the February show which will be the big the show with AJ Styles.

Once again, maybe we should move on with this discussion on the general talk instead of having it all over the gif thread. 

Regarding people finding it confused: that's the nature of the gif, isn't it? I don't think it would be confused if you would watch the entire match.

• Like 1

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table. I mean...come on? 

Ummmm... This was a tag team match. A match(from a kayfabe standpoint) that requires team work to win. And if they needed to use a double foot stomp spike tombstone piledriver onto a table on the floor to win then so be it. 

...And I'm still waiting for the Road Warriors defense since you all seem to enjoy old-school taking liberties with the local jobbers squash matches. Or is everyone going to pretend like you never were fans of it in the first place to continue your carelord stance.

And even if it were clear what was happening, it doesn't explain why a tombstone piledriver from the apron to the floor needs a spike at all, let alone a double foot stomp as a spike when it's through a table. I mean...come on? 

Ummmm... This was a tag team match. A match(from a kayfabe standpoint) that requires team work to win. And if they needed to use a double foot stomp spike tombstone piledriver onto a table on the floor to win then so be it. 

...And I'm still waiting for the Road Warriors defense since you all seem to enjoy old-school taking liberties with the local jobbers squash matches. Or is everyone going to pretend like you never were fans of it in the first place to continue your carelord stance.

Aw hell, we gave him another method.

What does the move expose exactly? And why is it confusing? It may look excessive to you but for that young man it may have been the extra payday he needed to pay his gym admission.

Are you trying to say that he got paid a bonus to specifically do that spot? Because that's almost as ridiculous as the spot itself...

What does the move expose exactly? And why is it confusing? It may look excessive to you but for that young man it may have been the extra payday he needed to pay his gym admission.

Are you trying to say that he got paid a bonus to specifically do that spot? Because that's almost as ridiculous as the spot itself...

I don't know if he did or not, I don't know if they were asked to do it, etc. But I know that one of the reasons people enjoy working for CZW are the bonus.