DVDVR Message Board

So, I just ordered a PS 3

I actually got a PS3 for Christmas myself. It came with a free year of PS+ and Uncharted 3 while another gift of mine was Last of US. This has been a useful thread. I have a question though as to what are the worthwhile RPGs for the PS3? I have picked up FFXIII and am know to eventually check Ni no Kuni.

Costume Quest. It isn't as long as the typical epoch kinda game. It's a total kids game, but I enjoyed playing it with my niece. However, it's original in that it is an Halloween themed game done right. It's about twins being forced to to go trick or treating. The one you pick as the leader is your character throughout the game; the other gets kidnapped because a bunch of trolls are fucking idiots. You spend the game looking for stuff to make costumes, making new friends, and collecting stuff. You can switch out party members, but the trick to the game is that each costume transforms each character into a super hero and the powers are based on the costume.

Fat Princess still holds up. It's an easy premise: kill the other army while either rescuing your princess or making sure the princess you kidnapped is too fat to be carried away. Simple controls and gameplay. Simple graphics. However, this fucking game is hard and you never know who is going to be a dickwad in the online play.

But if none of the PS3 games floats yer boat, get the PSN membership like the others say. My PS3 is mostly filled with the FF games.

I have a few recommendations:

Darksiders - Zelda dungeons, God of War combat, and an epic 30+ hours game.

Valkyria Chronicles - SRPG goodness in HD. No trophies, but great game.

Resistance: Fall of Man - Still very underrated and one of the best reasons to have a PS3.

Dead Space - Still one of the scariest games ever made. Twinkle twinkle little star.

BioShock Infinite - Yes, the story falls apart, but this game is glorious to watch on a HDTV.

Resistance is great. FYI, Sony is shutting off play for it - and the other two Resistance games - in January.

Bioshock Infinite is free this month on PS+, FYI.