DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

The bike chase is dull, the first Batman/ Bane fight is god awful,

Dude, you're high!

The copter shot of Batman heading straight into an avalanche of cop cars while being chased by a separate avalanche of cop cars was incredible-looking on the big screen.

8 years ago, who's been missing for 8 years, who you aren' t sure is him, who you start chasing and ignore the 4 guys, one is a wanted international terrorist, who just knocked over the Stock Exchange, and have hoatages.

Just admit it, TDKR sucked.

It was just two guys by then. And Bane didn't have a hostage when he peeled off. It is therefore somewhat plausible that a fame-obsessed ladder-climber angling to be commissioner would make the call to let him go in favor of focusing on a career-making arrest. Ever seen THE WIRE?

8 years ago, who's been missing for 8 years, who you aren' t sure is him, who you start chasing and ignore the 4 guys, one is a wanted international terrorist, who just knocked over the Stock Exchange, and have hoatages.

Just admit it, TDKR sucked.

Nobody knew it was Bane. You're way off base here.

I'm not going to get into all the issues I have with TDKR (mainly bc I haven't seen it since it initially came out and am fuzzy on details), but you could have removed Batman/Bruce Wayne completely and had essentially the exact same movie, albeit about 30 minutes shorter.

I'm not going to get into all the issues I have with TDKR (mainly bc I haven't seen it since it initially came out and am fuzzy on details), but you could have removed Batman/Bruce Wayne completely and had essentially the exact same movie, albeit about 30 minutes shorter.

You're thinking of Indiana Jones.

Unlike the Saw films, I do find the overall arc of Paranormal Acitivty pretty interesting, but the main issues are:

1) They need to start giving more info. 5 movies in and all we really know: There's a gang of witches actively recruiting people and planning some sort of takeover.

2) The series desperately needs some badass Ash/Ripley/ Sydney Campbell protagonist we can root for. Someone who can actually stand a chance. The films have had likable characters but they never last. (Mark Henry would be cool for this role, but probably not likely)

I'd even be OK with them figuring out a way to go back in time and save Micah, since time travel is an factor now.

Ha. When a movie makes 400 mil or so, it's easy to forget that there might actually be people who haven't seen it.

I was being facetious. Judging by the level of geek on this board, there's not a chance in hell no one here hasn't seen it.

Indiana Jones isn't in TDK. If he was, it wouldn't be so boring.

No, but he was an unnecessary part of his own movie.

God that argument is stupid. If Indy wasn't in RAIDERS, there'd be no movie. How many scenes in the film aren't focused on his actions?

God that argument is stupid. If Indy wasn't in RAIDERS, there'd be no movie. How many scenes in the film aren't focused on his actions?

He doesn't stop the Nazis from finding the ark, and then the ark kills them. He could just have chilled.

He doesn't stop the Nazis from finding the ark, and then the ark kills them. He could just have chilled.

But it belonged IN A MUSEUM.