DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

So yeah, I watched COLLEGE KICKBOXERS!

What an awesomely fun film!  It's quite an endearing save the rec center type film but with martial arts!  The fashion alone in this film makes it a must see.  Our hero alone, wears nautical striped sleeveless shirts, and even tucks every shirt he has into his high pants even his tank tops.  There are zubaz, wallet chains, a fanny pack siting, long butt bikinis, poofy satin pants, loafers in the sand and much much more!  The martial arts used in this is quite good and there's some good fight scenes as well.  The teacher is a master's master!  Also check out the Gentlemen's Guide to Midnite Cinema's review on this in their episode #298.

IMDB:

"A college freshman who trains in martial arts is beaten up at work by a racist gang. His co-worker, a Chinese cook, beats the gang up and trains the young man in kung fu. When a tournament is to be held, the teacher tells the student that he will not teach him for money. However, when the gang beats up the student's best friend, the student now must make the choice of entering the tournament or keeping the promise to his teacher."

Check annnnnd check.

There is nothing worse than ugly people fucking, dude.

The JOKE on my pretentious sadistic Pudding Pop stick:

Q: What's worse than ugly people fucking?

Goddammit, guys.  Someone floats a bit like this you can at least half-ass an attempt.

Anyways...the answer:

Q: What's worse than ugly people fucking?

A: Ugly people fucking you.

yakov_Live_Big.jpg

• Like 1

UHF coming to blu ray.  God is in his heaven.  Now they just need Strange Brew, The Wizard, Little Monsters and Freaked to quell any further bitching.  Fabulous Baker Boys wouldn't hurt either.  Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow would make me shit my breeches.

Everyone should go out of his or her way to see BLUE RUIN. Make sure you pay for it, too. It has a director and a lead actor who deserve more attention, and it's an incredibly tense thriller.

• Like 1

The first time I watched Little Monsters, I proceeded to rewind it and watch it again about six times straight.

That movie is messed up. Not at all what i was expecting.

See I'm already feeling bile gurgling into my esophagus just from odessa's post. And it was nothing compared to the posts that occur EVERY DAY on 75% of the internet over these fucking movies.

See I'm already feeling bile gurgling into my esophagus just from odessa's post. And it was nothing compared to the posts that occur EVERY DAY on 75% of the internet over these fucking movies.

And every day here already.