DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

Just watching Quantum of Solace.

I think this opening chase scene needs a few more quick cuts. They are only up to about 400 so far.

Christ that scene...

There are only two movies that have ever given me a migraine that made me nauseous enough to leave a movie theater: Quantum of Solace and Silent Hill.

I guess it shows you how long it's been since I've seen Quantum of Solace (opening weekend in theater), but I remember that chase scene being the best part of the film.

It is literally the worst edited scene I can remember seeing, for my money.

Just watching Quantum of Solace.

I think this opening chase scene needs a few more quick cuts. They are only up to about 400 so far.

Christ that scene...

There are only two movies that have ever given me a migraine that made me nauseous enough to leave a movie theater: Quantum of Solace and Silent Hill.

I guess it shows you how long it's been since I've seen Quantum of Solace (opening weekend in theater), but I remember that chase scene being the best part of the film.

I wouldn't call it the best part, but it is pretty damn good. I don't get all of the flack, especially when it is coming from dudes a couple of decades younger than I am, and you would think they would be used to rapid-fire editing. I haven't any issues with following that scene.

So, dads. Don't even front and act like you are not going to take your kid to go and see The LEGO Movie this weekend.

My daughter has penciled us in for the 2:30PM showing on Saturday and has leveraged me via good grades into taking her curent BFF along.

She and her friend will probably drag lunch at Johnny Rockets out of me, too. Cha ching cha ching.....

My favorite superhero movie is Chronicle.

It's always good to see Escape from New York again at random.

"They sent in their best man. When we roll across the 69th Street Bridge tomorrow -- on our way to freedom! -- we're going to have their best man leading the way... from the neck up! ............... ON THE HOOD OF MY CAR!" That long pause for emphasis on the punchline always cracks me up. Isaac Hayes is one menacing motherfucker (THE DUKE OF NEW YORK YOU ARE A-NUMBER-ONE). And of course so many great character actors... Harry Dean Stanton, who I always forget is in it, Donald Pleasance being alternately terrified and a dick, "Big Boobs Barbeau" (as my folks always call her), Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, and of course Charles Cyphers and Tom Atkins. It's a murderer's row. 

EDIT: And of course, Ox Baker, who I didn't know was a wrestler until years later.

I had no idea what The Lego Movie was gonna be like but the trailer actually makes me want to rent it down the road. Should be fun. 

So what's the second-best John Carpenter soundtrack: Escape? Assault (which I am particular to)? The really underrated one from Christine? The Thing doesn't count because it wasn't him but I'll be damned if Morricone didn't nail his vibe. 

This Texas Chainsaw movies is the ass. I turned it on while I was working out, and the best part was when the girl ran into the kitchen to find Leatherface nonchalantly making some finger food.

20 minutes left and it's just sitting at a bar talking about history, while Leatherface is just hanging out.

Hell now that just made me thing of a Devil's Rejects/Firefly Family TV series... THAT would be something to watch.

Nah, I will skip the epic Kevin Smith-esque levels of wife pimpage that I'd get from Rob Zombie in this Devil's Rejects TV series destined to end upon Starz! Network.

That is unless Zombie hires Ken Foree again for a cameo role.

SLAMEVIL.jpg

It wears its heart on its sleeve and it really embraces the fact it's a period piece. i can't imagine it being made so earnestly today. They'd set it in 2014 and he'd wear a purple hoodie or something. 

And a helmet!

1059752.jpg