DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Just watched it. No idea whether it's going to be any good or not, but thought-provoking subject matter obviously. I'm a sucker for the mystery stuff, but I refuse to give Lindelof 7 years of rope this time! One or two years, maybe.

Just watched it.  No idea whether it's going to be any good or not, but thought-provoking subject matter obviously,  I'm a sucker for the mystery stuff, but I refuse to give Lindelof 7 years of rope this time!   One or two years, maybe.

I do not think HBO or the material will give him 7 years of rope. Judging by people's reactions, I would be interested to see this be a weird replacement for Six Feet Under.

While Tatiana Maslany elevates an average show into something worthwhile, It's worth saying that Eva Green did something similar on "Penny Dreadful". I'm loving the evolution of the character week-to-week. She was especially good in the episode that was devoted to Miss Ives' relationship with Mina.

I await the browncoat letter writing campaign to bring back a show they've never seen.

White flowing robe thing campaign? Whatever he's wearing in the article photo.

All My Babies' Mamas, Commando Nanny, The Dictator, The Grubbs, Jingles, Next Caller, Thick and Thin and Who's Your Daddy all sound like instant classics.

I actually like Anthony Anderson, but he has had his fair share of failed projects. Larry Wilmore has had a hand in creating/being a part of some good things. This will not be one of them.

All My Babies' Mamas, Commando Nanny, The Dictator, The Grubbs, Jingles, Next Caller, Thick and Thin and Who's Your Daddy all sound like instant classics.

These all sound like shows Troy and Abed would watch.

I'm disappointed to see that COMMANDO NANNY wasn't more high concept.  It was essentially Gerald McRaney just re-doing the exact same show as MAJOR DAD.

So much wasted promise in that title.