DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Is no one else watching the Colombian BREAKING BAD remake in between Copa Mundial games?

They just got to the part where Hank is transferred to Texas and runs into the super scary Mexican cartel guys and is made fun of for not speaking Spanish.  This is a problem because the show is in Spanish...

So they flipped it.  Colombian Hank is transferred UP to near the U.S. border.  He is mocked by the Mexican agents for not speaking English and runs into the super terrifying U.S. Cartels.

They're doing the whole show as a novello.  One episode a day for three months.  Colombian Skyler is super hot too.  As is Colombian Marie.  Colombain Jessie is just a bland dude, though.  He's pretty charming, but too buff.

It has a Telenovella look to it.  The sets seem kind of fakey.  But they are compensating by using a single moving camera and some shaky-can stuff to make it feel more real than a normal soap.

Oh, shit. Colombian Jane looks like Mary Louis Parker.  Disappointing.

AH...here comes the turtle-head scene...Colombian Danny Trejo is pretty amazing.  He's a big fat Rio Grande goof in a huge cowboy hat with a giant belly.  Perfect.

I really can't wait to meet Colombian Lydia.  The Gus I've seen in commercials is a chubby little guy.  Weird choice.

Colombian Ted wears a pullover sweater and jeans to work.  I already hate him.

What's Spanish for "SCIENCE, BITCH!"??

Ray Donovan makes you think it's a great show and then it inserts Ray's wife way too much and James Woods is...not good...and the whole thing winds up as a mess.

Back when I hated Law & Order I used to think that Jeff Goldblum was the second best lead they had, D'onofrio being the top guy.  Now that I've watched some more (Law & Order UK is a damn gateway drug) I realize that Goldblum is just not a good fit for L&O.  He'd be good on a USA "consulting detective" show (ironic, given CI's fate) but just doesn't gel within the Wolf universe of shows.

Not counting Homicide, L&O has been responsible for 47 YEARS of television since debuting 24 years ago.

Anyone else checking out MURDER IN THE FIRST? Tom Felton is still a great heel post-Potter, but I feel like this show is building towards a ridiculous Russo-esque swerve.

I liked it better when it was called MURDER ONE.

Poor poor Daniel Benzali. His was one of the best TV performances certainly of the 90s and a couple years ago I see him pop up as the Big Bad on General Hospital. Can't believe there isn't more demand for funny looking bald guys with unnaturally big ears.

Catching up on season 1 of Ray Donovan in anticipation of season 2. It's decent. Maybe I should be doing the catch up on Masters of Sex instead.

YES. Masters of Sex was the best new show last year.

So watched the first ep if Girl Meets World and yeah I know I'm way way way from the target audience but it would have been nice if the writers didn't choose to make Cory and Topanga act like they're daughters best friends actions and personality didn't remind them of someone they grew up with and for whom they were just as close with so they could you know use that knowledge to teach there kid/kids friend.

I just want to know who told Ben Savage that he should get a nose job to resemble Steve Martin in Roxanne.  Yeah, the guy always had a sizeable nose, but now it just appears long and pointy. 

But yeah, I'm uh....ahem.....totally not the target audience for it.

His name is Saul Bueno and he has a talk show.Metastasis_saul.jpg

He looks amazing, although not meek and squirrely enough.

That hair!!!!!

This is exactly how Colombian Saul should look.

I think this show should be interesting because it should have way more to say than even the original BB did on the "Wars on Drugs." That country's been absolutely ripped apart by the illegal drug trade. Walt might be even less sympathetic this time around.

What The you talking about Johnny. Of course I didn't DVR it.

And I certainly have no knowledge of whether or not the second episode is currently able to be viewed early on WatchDisneyChannel.

Catching up on season 1 of Ray Donovan in anticipation of season 2. It's decent. Maybe I should be doing the catch up on Masters of Sex instead.

YES. Masters of Sex was the best new show last year.

Wrapped up Ray Donovan late last night. Again good not great. I'll keep it going for season 2. The way they ended it there doesn't seem to be much agenda for season 2.

Onto either Masters of Sex or House of Cards.

MASTERS OF SEX.  House of Cards is cool and all, but it's one of those diminishing returns type of shows.  Kevin Spacey is as great as you would expect, but you can only go so far with a character like that before it starts feeling absurd.

Masters of Sex could very well go down the diminishing returns route, but it's first season was better than just about every show on TV last year.  Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen are great and the supporting cast of characters keep up with them.

Why do I get the feeling that there's gonna be some sorta "My Little Pony/ Bronie" movement coming out of this?

If I had to guess the secret Bronie it would be Fowler.

And you lose.  Have never watched the show.

It's pretty much Mad Men-lite.  Same sort of tone, but way more boobs and Mad Men would never spend so much time with this doofus.

150305f6-8605-44c3-a03e-c592e6c097c3.jpg

That sounds like an insult, but it's not.  It's comedic qualities are a little more out in the open than Mad Men, but they still find a way to pull the heavier stuff off.