DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Kristin Kreuk is just awful. I don't think it's a coincidence Smallville got 100 times better after she left. I don't know why they keep putting her in things when 1) she can't really act 2) has no charisma or presence whatsoever.

She's hot.  That's really all there is to it.  Can't act, no presence, etc but she's hot.  And that's enough a lot of times.  Especially if you're not quite a cookie cutter hottie.

• Like 1

That sucks about Intelligence.  The pilot wasn't all that great, but it was cool to see Sawyer back on TV.

I wasn't all that amped for the show.  Didn't strike me as a terribly original idea.

It looked like the answer to the question of "What if the Machine from Person of Interest were built inside Reese's head?" and sought to glean its audience from PoI fanatics.

From what I understand, The League is semi-improv in the spirit of Curb, so what I gather is that he is, in fact, a naturally funny guy. I remember thinking his stand up was okay, but nothing special. Yet Kroll Show is cringe-worthy. I've forced myself to watch a few episodes, and I have yet to so much as snicker at a single gag. What amazes me even more is that this continues to air, but the The Jeselnik Offensive gets the axe. Fuckin' suits.

Kristin Kreuk is just awful. I don't think it's a coincidence Smallville got 100 times better after she left. I don't know why they keep putting her in things when 1) she can't really act 2) has no charisma or presence whatsoever.

She's hot.  That's really all there is to it.  Can't act, no presence, etc but she's hot.  And that's enough a lot of times.  Especially if you're not quite a cookie cutter hottie.

I brought this up when we were talking about Minka Kelly's (perplexing) ability to still get lead roles:  Hollywood is full of hot chicks, who can also act. It's not hard to find them. Some of these casting people are just lazy.

Granted, she's not exactly Meryl Streep or anything, but you could have put someone like Eliza Dushku in Beauty and the Beast and the show would be way better. At least she's got some sass and attitude.

Dushku is probably one of the worst actresses I've had to sit through. I'm struggling to think of anyone worse.

I get the feeling that this week's episode of Almost Human was supposed to be like episode 2 or 3 in the running order.

I'm not so sure. Keenex did seem pretty protective of Dorian when the other detective threatened to put a bullet in his head, which made be think it was filmed further along since it's established that they're friends. The note he wrote to Stahl seemed an indication he was finally doing something about his feelings for her after ages of flirting.

It was weird how he's apparently been in anger management for several months and we never heard a peep, though. And they just seemed to randomly bring up his evil ex-girlfriend.

I get the feeling that this week's episode of Almost Human was supposed to be like episode 2 or 3 in the running order.

I'm not so sure. Keenex did seem pretty protective of Dorian when the other detective threatened to put a bullet in his head, which made be think it was filmed further along since it's established that they're friends. The note he wrote to Stahl seemed an indication he was finally doing something about his feelings for her after ages of flirting.

It was weird how he's apparently been in anger management for several months and we never heard a peep, though. And they just seemed to randomly bring up his evil ex-girlfriend.

Also, he was hostile towards Dorian early on in the episode like he was in the pilot, and they brought up his distaste for the MX's again which they haven't in a while.

It's such a fucking awesome scene. Why the fuck was Damon slumming it in Eurotrip? Who the fuck knows, but I am so fucking glad he did.

EDIT:  God my phone swipe typing does weird things...

• Like 1

Also, he was hostile towards Dorian early on in the episode like he was in the pilot, and they brought up his distaste for the MX's again which they haven't in a while.

Eh, just read it WAS the second episode after all.

Eh, just read it WAS the second episode after all.

In that case, they were already rushing the Keenex/Stahl angle lol. Not sure which relationship being rushed is worse.  I just hope that when the show hits dvd/Netflix, they fix the order.

It's such a fucking awesome scene. Edgy the fuck was Damon slumming it in Eurotrip? Who the fuck knows, but I am so fucking glad he did.

I believe the story was that Damon was friends with the producers and was in Prague shooting something at the same time (Brothers Grimm? or perhaps one of the Bourne movies?) and was had a day off and wanted to help his old buddies.