DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Am I mistaken, or is Ultimo Dank saying Mancow is funnier than O&A?

I'm saying both are terrible.

While I'm on this. Howard does no research for his interviews?? Almost every interview he knows something that makes the person being interviewed ask "How did you know that?"

• Like 3

While I'm on this. Howard does no research for his interviews?? Almost every interview he knows something that makes the person being interviewed ask "How did you know that?"

To be nitpicky, Jason and Will do all the research and give him a prep sheet with topics to bring up.

To be nitpicky, Jason and Will do all the research and give him a prep sheet with topics to bring up.

No hosts do their own research. Especially on big shows. That's what interns and low paid grunts are for.

We got rid of Sirius last year but at that time I felt Stern was still the best in the business.

• Like 1

That might be true when they have on like Steve Carrell but when he has on like ZZ Top or Stephen Stills I think Howard does a lot of his own research. Plus even if guys in the back office do the research Howard is still the one deciding how to ask a question, how to work an angle to get a better answer.

No hosts do their own research. Especially on big shows. That's what interns and low paid grunts are for.

We got rid of Sirius last year but at that time I felt Stern was still the best in the business.

He's phoning in these interviews.....and his guests? Nowhere near the quality of O&A anymore, unless Tan Mom turns you on.....

I will say she is a bit more tolerable than Sarah Silverman. The one thing I like about her show is she gives other comedians the spotlight. Norton was trying his best to get all his material in on the finale last week.

You're doing it wrong lad, its about calling a comic book character a republican on the internet.

... when he post on message boards? He probably sends out all of those affirmation quotes on facebook, is what he does.

• Like 1

I just finished watching Silicon Valley. It's such a very good, very funny show. I really got invested in the high stakes at the end, which is saying something for a show that, just a few episodes earlier, had a plot involving graffiti art featuring the Statue of Liberty being sodomized.

A little freaked out.  Watching an old COLUMBO right now and my satellite box has this feature where it suggests programs based on your viewing when you click on "info."

Tonight, for me it just showed four pictures of Jesus.  Like...looking at me.  It was discomfiting.  Upon further inspection it was telling me it thinks I would love:

Grab your Catechism with Father Connor
Parables of Christ
Heart of Jesus

St. Luke's Gospel

I guess I'm set, guys.  The rest of you suckers can hang out here forever.  I'm clearly a-goin' to heaven!

Either that or I share the same tastes in television as the average 80-year-old Italian woman.

If it comes down to it, metaphysically speaking and with eternity on the line, between Father Dowling, Jesus, The Cardinals, and Wendy's Lady...

There's no turning back now from the bacon-mounted majesty of the Asiago pleasure Hell.

wendys_asiago_ranch_chicken_club_wish_up

Sign me up.  Fifth circle.  666 Dante Plaza.