DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

McConaughey turning out to be such an amazing actor makes me wonder what other surprises Hollywood has in store for us in the future.

In 10 years, are we going to be talking about how Channing Tatum has his Oscar locked up for his role as a 19th century anti-slavery abolitionist or Megan Fox's superb acting in her new obsessive-FBI-agent-hunts-down-serial-killer show on HBO?

I've stayed away from the show because I never liked Samberg.

Well, then it's definitely not for you, and I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. It's got a great cast beyond him, but it's definitely Samberg at his Sambergiest.

Well, McConaughey had shown flashes of greatness early in his career, before he disappeared into the blackhole of rom-coms and easy paychecks and alrightalrightalright.

I think acting, like any craft, can be improved on over time. A combination of improving and the fact, like you say, slumming it before probably explains it.

Well, then it's definitely not for you, and I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. It's got a great cast beyond him, but it's definitely Samberg at his Sambergiest.

Then how is it funny? That sounds crazy to me... I guess I have to watch a few eps now.

IMO, the golden globes lost all credibility when they gave frigging MADONNA an award for acting.

Oh, they have zero credibility. And they don't even really bother trying to hide it anymore. Seems like every year now the host gets in a few jabs about the voting process.

Then how is it funny? That sounds crazy to me... I guess I have to watch a few eps now.

It's the best comedy on tv by far.  I'm struggling to think of anything on right now that is as consistently funny.  Of course I like Samburg.