DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Wow, Don Johnson's been making some bad decisions lately.

Really? He was in East Bound and Down for a short stint and was in Django Unchained, As a guy who comes off semi-retired, I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Wow, Don Johnson's been making some bad decisions lately.

Really? He was in East Bound and Down for a short stint and was in Django Unchained, As a guy who comes off semi-retired, I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Yeah, and he was in Machete too. But NCIS is the most popular show on TV (for some unfathomable reason). Whether it would have been had he starred in it, I don't know, but still that's a huge mistake in retrospect. 

IMDB says it has 8 episodes. Don't know if this is more a mini-series or will end up being more than that.

But it has Rhona Mitra so... SOLD!

Does Michael Bay have anything to do with this?  I can't tell from the trailer.

Don Johnson was apparently the first choice for Horatio Caine in CSI Miami. As if that show wasn't campy enough. He turned down the lead role on NCIS too.

Don Johnson is too self aware to play Horatio Caine.  It would have been charming, but never gothic enough.  He lacks Caruso's bizarre inspiration.

Whoever came up with the seating arrangement for the Globes failed horribly. All the winners are having to walk half a mile.

Yay, Elizabeth Moss. TOP OF THE LAKE was a really good show. Although it's generally a bad idea to get over without Matt Weiner's permission. RIP Peggy.