DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Seriously, every bit of this plot this far is in every cop movie made in the 70's. The acting is fine, but nothing special, the dialog is functional but that's about it... It's competently made generic cop show.

A terminally ill chemistry teacher teams with a former student to manufacture crystal meth to secure his family's future.

I always loved how the Netflix description of Breaking Bad seems to back up Walt's version of things.

• Like 2

Seriously, every bit of this plot this far is in every cop movie made in the 70's. The acting is fine, but nothing special, the dialog is functional but that's about it... It's competently made generic cop show.

Lot of wiretapping in the 70s, eh?

l_71360_876c8a9c.jpg

It's official, I'll starting watching Buffy tomorrow and posting how shitty it is.

Brace yourself Fowler..

I know this is a joke, but the first season of Buffy is always tag it with a hard "I promise it gets better" sale.  It does and I'm a fan, but boy the production was so low rent in the beginning.

There are a couple of great episodes in season 1, but it's rough. Why I'm more than willing to keep chugging along with The Wire, because some shows take awhile to find themselves.

Buffy in mid season 2 suddenly became the best show in years in either direction (just ask David Simon :) )

"On a scale of 7 to 7 with THE SHIELD being 7 and DEXTER being 7, I give THE WIRE a 7."

This may be the funniest thing I read all day. Take a bow, sir.

I completely agree.

So with the first season of Almost Human over, I have to say that there are too many holes in the plot.  That could be from the network airing out of order, but it seems like there are so many ideas and stories that either got stopped halfway, or started out of nowhere.  I love the show, but it could be so much better with some better attention to detail.  In the finale, it was all about Kennex's dad, but I don't recall them EVER mentioning that his dad was a cop before.  Stuff like that bugs me.