DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Let me correct myself about "Fault Swim". The ones I can't stand are actually:

Xavier: Renegade Angel

Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell

12 Oz. Mouse

Fat Guy Stuck In Internet

Home Movies (sorry guys, I just never really liked it)

Mary Shelley's Frankenhole

Saul of the Mole Men (uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh)

Stroker and Hoop

Titan Maximum (*gag*)

That's a lot of detritus, but also a LOT of shows I actually like in comparison. I particularly miss Drinky Crow and Lucy: Daughter of the Devil, though they both kind of had a predetermined end-point. 

It's goofy and had a place, but it's just not my thing.

I only saw promos for this and didn't get it.

12 Oz. Mouse

Never saw it, but it seemed dumb.

No comment.

I loved this show.

Never saw it.

No thanks.

Stroker and Hoop

I've seen it, but don't really have much of an opinion on it.

Titan Maximum (*gag*)

Never saw it.

That's a lot of detritus, but also a LOT of shows I actually like in comparison. I particularly miss Drinky Crow and Lucy: Daughter of the Devil, though they both kind of had a predetermined end-point. 

I just finished Lucy: Daughter of the Devil the other day, it had a lot of good stuff in it.

12 Oz. Mouse

Stroker and Hoop

Titan Maximum (*gag*)

It's been about a year since I've had cable but I agree on Adult Swim devolving into fox cartoon reruns (I'll always be fine with King of the Hill being on and the McFarlane shows are ok to fall asleep to sometimes) and "let's get high and see what the most absurd thing we can come up with is".  All the decent shows they've made have stuck around waaaaaaay past their freshness date.  The first few shows they had (Sealab, ATHF, The Brak Show, which was much better than Space Ghost) were funny but wore out their gimmick, as did Squidbillies.  Steve Brule cracks me up and the Venture Bros is one of the best shows ever, but the gaps between seasons are killing me.

So I got some comfort today on my job future.  All of my benefits, courtesy accounts and pay will be grandfathered in, once everything goes down.  Comcast customers will soon have access to TWC exclusive tech like Start Over and Look Back.  TWC customers will have access to Comcasts superior channel offerings and internet.

Also, some advice on receiving better customer service from your cable provider.  Go to the local payment counter whenever you absolutely can.  They are so much easier to deal with.

So I got some comfort today on my job future.  All of my benefits, courtesy accounts and pay will be grandfathered in, once everything goes down.  Comcast customers will soon have access to TWC exclusive tech like Start Over and Look Back.  TWC customers will have access to Comcasts superior channel offerings and internet.

Also, some advice on receiving better customer service from your cable provider.  Go to the local payment counter whenever you absolutely can.  They are so much easier to deal with.

Don't know if you can answer this or not and I hope I'm not derailing the thread too bad but a question on the merger - I've had TWC for internet only since 2004 and have no interest in bundling it with other services.  TWC is the only option for internet here unless you want DSL (I don't want DSL plus I telecommute and DSL doesn't  have the bandwidth for it).  I've been happy with the service for the most part, but my internet bill has crept up from 29.99 to currently $65.  Would it be worth it to try and re-negotiate a new price after the merger?

Don't know if you can answer this or not and I hope I'm not derailing the thread too bad but a question on the merger - I've had TWC for internet only since 2004 and have no interest in bundling it with other services.  TWC is the only option for internet here unless you want DSL (I don't want DSL plus I telecommute and DSL doesn't  have the bandwidth for it).  I've been happy with the service for the most part, but my internet bill has crept up from 29.99 to currently $65.  Would it be worth it to try and re-negotiate a new price after the merger?

Which speed do you currently have?  Before I got my comp account, I was paying $51 for BASIC speed(3mps), so that $65 is for Standard or Turbo I believe.  If you have anything less than Standard you can probably renegotiate, otherwise, that is probably the price you are stuck with

Which speed do you currently have?  Before I got my comp account, I was paying $51 for BASIC speed(3mps), so that $65 is for Standard or Turbo I believe.  If you have anything less than Standard you can probably renegotiate, otherwise, that is probably the price you are stuck with

I figured as much.  It's the standard speed which tops out at about 15-20mbps/up.

So AHS Asylum....I'm seven eps in and yeah it's going off the rails. And when listening to the Killer POV podcast today they say, like many of you have, that it's a common theme for the show to start strong and then go to pieces. Based on the last two eps my hopes aren't high, but I'll slog through the final few eps. Not tonight though....

Tonight, we are watching My Bloody Valentine. :-)

I hated Sqidbillies at first because it was just so ugly to look at but then I actually gave it a chance and fell in love with it.

A coworker swears by this show. He has offered to lend me the series. Maybe I'll take him up on it

BATES MOTEL episode 7: In which OH SHIT WYNN DUFFY UP IN THIS BITCH.

I really, really want to say this means BM and JUSTIFIED are in a shared universe ("Jake Abernathy"? You're not fooling anybody, Mr. Eyebrows.) But we all know Wynn Duffy is never in need of a motel room.

So, catching up on Almost Human.  Man, why the fuck did FOX decide to air episodes out of order?  Makes some stuff no damn sense, like the last two episodes.

Yeah, that's been something that has been discussed here quite a bit.  I think it's a great show, but the running order just fucks up the flow really bad.

Gentlemen,  Right now MeTV is showing the 1985 Baltimore-local direct-to-video movie GALAXY INVADER.

For those in the know, or MST-ies who would like a quick thrill, this is the movie from which the opening and closing credit footage for the completely unrelated movie POD PEOPLE was stolen.

If you're ever watched that episode and wanted to see what the hell that stuff was....now is your chance...

Holy shit, this movie is amazing.  The hillbillies are having a shootout with the alien monster right now, and whenever it shows him firing his 'lazer" it cuts to a shot of someone off-camera shooting a roman candle into the woods.

I REPEAT: STOP WATCHING THE ABSURDLY HOT RUSSIAN CURLING TEAM AND WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!