DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Not sure if anyone posted this, but The Americans is going the Justified route of exclusive steaming on Amazon. No Netflix for you.

Terrible. FX needs to get their shit together with FX Now, because they are just killing themselves in the streaming game.

The only thing about Mr. Belvedere is that he crushed his own scrote.

Also he's being kept in a jar in the basement of a who calls him Broctoon.

I just watched that sketch last night. I remember as a kid thinking it was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen. Guess what? I WAS RIGHT! So friggin' funny.

• Like 2

One of my friends and I have used the phrase "those who go with Broctoon" as a passcode for, I guess decades now.

As in, "Are you one who goes with Broctoon?"

When someone is...they know.  And it's a beautiful moment.

When they're not.  It gets weird.

Scripts say it's actually Brocktoon, but maybe that's his cousin, Jim Bob Belvedere. I was personally always a fan of "The Man Who Rides Alone".

Not sure if anyone posted this, but The Americans is going the Justified route of exclusive steaming on Amazon. No Netflix for you.

Terrible. FX needs to get their shit together with FX Now, because they are just killing themselves in the streaming game.

Isn't Amazon the #2 streaming service? Granted they are the WCW to Netflix's WWF but it's not like they're putting their shows on Crackle or something.

Of course, I say this as a happy subscriber to both services.  In fact, I only decided to take the plunge with Amazon because I wanted to watch Justified and Falling Skies. Although credit where it's due, I wanted to watch Goodfellas after it was mentioned in this thread a couple weeks back and for some reason it wasn't on Netflix but it was available on Amazon.

It's true that women generally don't make such things up. However, it's also nowhere near as rare as women's advocates would like you to believe.

0.6% of the time is pretty rare.

The FBI says it's more like 8-15%.

Isn't Amazon the #2 streaming service? Granted they are the WCW to Netflix's WWF but it's not like they're putting their shows on Crackle or something.

Yeah, they're 2nd, but it's a distant second. Amazon doesn't release it's subscriber numbers, but even based on the most optimistic estimates, they still trail Netflix by a 2-to-1 margin. And that's before you take into account the countless people who piggyback off the accounts of subscribers. You're simply reaching more people on Netflix.

It would be understandable if FX Now wasn't a total disaster, but...wow. What a shit show. For a channel that has been at the forefront of the cable revolution, they are lagging woefully behind in the streaming revolution. Apparently they did some terrible deals back in the day. How do you not have the streaming rights to your own shows?

I read about FXNow launching late in the summer when the Simpsons deal was going to start. I had no idea that is was sort of in existence now. My god, what a disaster. What they have with FoxNow isn't good, but it's light years ahead of FXNow.

I hate to be negative, but I have never found anything done by Fred Armisen funny. I feel worse about myself watching Portlandia with friends because I figure there must be something I'm not getting. He's like Chris Kattan with no comic timing whatsoever.

I hate to be negative, but I have never found anything done by Fred Armisen funny. I feel worse about myself watching Portlandia with friends because I figure there must be something I'm not getting. He's like Chris Kattan with no comic timing whatsoever.

If it makes you feel better I haven't found anyone on SNL funny since the 90's...

• Like 2