DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

When I was 15 I remember being super stoked she was going to be naked in ANGEL HEART.  But then it was chicken blood weird and gross.

At that age, that's the main selling point for going to see a movie.  Like, you watch every trailer for who's in it, and how much it looks like they might be naked.  That's how I ended up paying to see BLUE CITY.

• Like 1

The Bill Cosby stuff is depressing because unlike Woody Allen or Roman Polanski, the guy was legitimately a role model, icon and beloved by everyone. It would be like finding out Betty White is a serial killer or something.

(Awaits new story breaking that Betty White is, in fact,a serial killer)

She was never appealing. The oldest sister, as plain as she was, was way more appealing. Vanessa takes the crown though, mic drop.

She was always weird looking to me. Her daughter was like 20x hotter in the First Class movie than she ever was.at that age. Zoe has a massive forehead but she knows how to cover it up well.

As a kid, Lisa Bonet and the older daughter were so completely the archetypes of what I thought life was supposed to be like as you got older.

Denise was all New Wavey and sleazy (awesome)

And Sondra was like the grad. student traveling around taking pictures of landscapes or something. (awesomer)

Together they were everything I wanted the next ten years of my life to be. Somehow I fucked that up.

Once I figure out this time machine business, well, like Marty said, "History is about to change."

You're going to be very busy.  Everyone in history is the worst.

Like even back into history.  I used to like Bernini's art...and then I found out he paid a guy to razor-blade a woman's face because she slept with someone else.  He paid a fine.  She was sent to prison for fornication.

The song was wrong.  Picasso was called an asshole because he was an asshole.

The Cosby Show was great(well most of it), and an important benchmark in tv history.  It's all that jazz; deal with it.

Now Cosby himself, doesn't have the best track record.  Ignoring all the finger wagging at black youths, I remember hearing about his history of sexual harassment/assault allegations too.  Icky stuff.

Also it's 2014, and I don't know any other angle they could possibly go with for a Cosby centered show on network television other than the "stubborn, old man who is mad at the world specifically youth culture" setup. 

"When I say suck my dick, you say, 'do you want me to lick your balls, daddy?'"

Still one of my favorite quotes in television. Mitchell was such a despicable character. Tremendous writing and acting.

That's #1 with a bullet. #2 is "Your wife's pussy tasted like sweet butter." #3 is "Money and pussy make men do evil shit."

So Tabe. How did you like Vic's somewhat redemptive turn at the beginning of the season, asking for another chance?

It was good and at least semi-believable. It helps that Glenn Close was so awesome. Her presence elevated the whole show.
  • Like 1

You know, I get that many men get terrified of being wrongfully accused of hideous sex crimes, and don't want to be quick to judge because of that. But generally, women don't make this stuff up. Not only that, most of them don't want to come forward. The fact that Cosby has a whopping 13 accusers willing to go on record is scary, because it makes you wonder how many women didn't speak up.

• Like 1

It's true that women generally don't make such things up. However, it's also nowhere near as rare as women's advocates would like you to believe.

That said, there is basically no chance that this many women are all lying.