DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Oh, the finale for the series is amazing. From here on out though, every episode is a rollercoaster ride.

I'm really interested if Tabe gets hit in the feels as hard as I did when...

Shane kills Lem.

"When I say suck my dick, you say, 'do you want me to lick your balls, daddy?'"

Still one of my favorite quotes in television. Mitchell was such a despicable character. Tremendous writing and acting.

That's #1 with a bullet. #2 is "Your wife's pussy tasted like sweet butter." #3 is "Money and pussy make men do evil shit."

So Tabe. How did you like Vic's somewhat redemptive turn at the beginning of the season, asking for another chance?

It's not officially cancelled yet, but FOX pulled The Michael J. Fox show from its schedule.  Since I haven't seen any post about this news in here, I'm going to say this isn't surprising.  I think I caught one episode and I thought it was an average family sitcom. I wasn't interested enough in it to watch more, and I didn't hear anything about it getting better.

It's not officially cancelled yet, but FOX pulled The Michael J. Fox show from its schedule.  Since I haven't seen any post about this news in here, I'm going to say this isn't surprising.  I think I caught one episode and I thought it was an average family sitcom. I wasn't interested enough in it to watch more, and I didn't hear anything about it getting better.

I know one person who was a big fan of Fox's in the '80s and '90s, but couldn't watch the show because they just didn't want to see him like that. That might have been the case for a few people.

For lack of anything better to do tonight, I watched the first episode of BATES MOTEL, and it was a suprisingly good hour of TV. I'm still don't see how it's sustainable as a series, and you can already see the writers throwing a lot of stuff at the wall to pad the story out (Norman discovers a notebook under the carpet filled with sketches of women being bound and tortured! Who drew them?! How will this play into his development into a psycho?!)...but for one hour, it was good.

Not sure why I said the "FOX" network  but I meant to type "NBC pulled The Michael J. Fox" show.  I guess "FOX pulls Fox" is just a natural headline.

I read similar comments on the internet, Reed.  It wasn't difficult for me to watch him; I thought he was still charming and endearing.  I just didn't think the writing was very interesting.

It'll show up somewhere on the schedule for a burn-off, since they did a full season order up front as part of their desperate attempt to win the Michael J. Fox bidding war.

In a sure sign they have learned from the failure of this and Sean Saves the World, they are developing a new show around Bill Cosby.

So BATES MOTEL is a surprisingly funny show. Was not expecting that. That's a good sign.

I had to stop myself mid-eyeroll when Norman's soon-to-be quasi-girlfriend finds the Rape Sketchbook in his room, because I was so sure I knew where it was going, but...nope. Turns out she's INTO IT. She says, "I've read manga worse than this!" She asks to borrow it! He lets her! I can't believe any of this is happening. Later in the episode, we find out that not only has she been ogling the creepy drawings, she has WRITTEN HER OWN STORYLINE to match the sketches.

This is awesome. I don't even know this girl's name, but she is skyrocketing up my list of favorite characters on TV.

Less awesome is later when the girl takes Norman on a hike to find this local mountain that she thinks appears in one of the drawings and they stumble upon a secret pot farm and get chased and yadda yadda.

But I'm in this for Cystic Fibrosis Girl for as long as she's around. Did I mention she has cystic fibrosis? She does. Which means she's probably not going to be around for very long if she keeps getting involved in footchases through the countryside.

I assume the entire show will devolve into Cosby monologues about his hatred of youth culture and no one will watch it under 60. The writers will try to work in jokes about Kodak film and Jello, but he'll refuse and fire them all.

• Like 1

BATES MOTEL episode 3: SEX DUNGEON. Because if there's one thing TV has taught me, it's that no sleepy small town is complete without a sex dungeon, preferably located in the basement of one of it's most upstanding citizens.

Not enough Cystic Fibrosis Girl for my liking. Emma. Her name is Emma Decody. She's trying to solve a MYSTERY, and her name is DECODE-y.

• Like 1

BATES MOTEL episode 3: SEX DUNGEON. Because if there's one thing TV has taught me, it's that no sleepy small town is complete without a sex dungeon, preferably located in the basement of one of it's most upstanding citizens.

You had to learn that from t.v.?  That should be taught in social studies common core.

I assume the entire show will devolve into Cosby monologues about his hatred of youth culture and no one will watch it under 60. The writers will try to work in jokes about Kodak film and Jello, but he'll refuse and fire them all.

Honest to God finding out that Bill Cosby is very likely a serial rapist ruined my childhood.  I loved his show as a kid and now I can't look at the guy.

Why don't they just bring back everybody from The Cosby Show? It's not like Lisa Bonet is too busy.

There is a reason why she hasn't been too busy over the last 20+ years. She managed to get axed from The Cosby Show twice and got kicked off the spinoff show that was meant for her initially.

His HBO special back in the early 80s was a big deal.

It seems like it kind of saved that format.  After the glory of Carlin, Showtime was putting on things like Gallagher.  It was a nightmare.  BILL COSBY: HIMSELF came along and people went nuts over the guy.

I remember being a kid and reading the t.v. Guide fall preview issue in the car (yeah, I was basically Bobby Hill back then) and freaking out that he was going to have a show.  It had such a huge buzz because of the HBO thing.   I think that, and the video for Ray Parker's Ghostbusters song were the first things I ever taped when we bought our first VCR.

I watched that Ghostbusters video over and over.  I was completely drunk with the power to stop and rewind t.v.

What a time it was to be alive.

Cosby isn't funny to me, at all. I think it's a generational thing.

I haven't seen his sitcoms in years, but I don't remember them being garbage. His stand up, however, is atrocious. I saw him a few months back, and I didn't laugh once. Gaffigan's follw up set, however, was awesome.