DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN WATCHING THE COMMERCIALS!!!

She reads your desires and becomes whatever you most need her to be.  Cubs fan?  Done.  Whedon fanboy?  Unappetizing but whatever...Whatever is in your heart.  They gave that much away just this last week or so:

http://youtu.be/NZSyH8J-U7s

THAT'S HOW SHE PULLS YOU INTO HER DIMENSION WHERE SHE CAN FATTEN UP YOUR SOUL WITH DESIRE AND THEN DEVOUR IT!!!!

• Like 2

Jack Coleman is returning to Heroes! How'd they get him with his career being so white hot? They can't possibly land Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, or Masi Oka can they??!

This thing feels like a potential train wreck.

The last several days I've been binge watching the first season of Law & Order.  This is easily one of my favorite shows of all-time and it's been great fun to revisit that first season, all episodes of which I've seen at least once before.  That first season is just awesome.  I love that they handle cases that aren't just "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES" - or even not from the headlines - murders.  I like that the show has a gritty feel, none of this overly-polished stuff we see in later seasons.  And the so-bad-it's-good music.  The cast, of course, is great.  Stone & Robinette are absolutely my favorite D.A. pairing throughout the entire life of the show.  It's a shame Michael Moriarty ended up being batshit crazy and impossible to work with because he was sooooooooooooo good as Ben Stone.  So much better than either of the two guys that came after. 

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you guys :)

• Like 1

Things started to go downhill for L&O when Steven Hill left and they replaced him with Dianne Wiest.

I thought she was a fine replacement, especially since that part is so small in the scope of the show.  Really, in the entire history of the show, my only casting beefs are Charlotte Rohm and whoever the female sidekick cop was played by.  Being hot just ain't enough, especially on a show the quality of L&O.

I've been inexplicably watching Hart to Hart on Netflix. I have no previous familiarity with the show. 5 episodes in (well 3 and a 2 part pilot) and there have been two episodes where a person shows up pretending to be a long lost relative in order to get something from the Harts. Will this be a common thing in the show?

Yes.  I don't know why they even set up the "amateur detective" angle on that show.  They never go around trying to find crimes to solve.  The criminals always seek them out.

They're like predestined or something.  I kind of prefer to think that they were both supposed to be final destinationed and so death is constantly trying to get them.  Hence "When they met, it was murder."  Max, there is literally referring to the bend in time that happened when two people who should have died in the pilot become a wormhole for death and destruction, but somehow remain unharmed.

How many innocents perished because these two assholes refused to just let the Reaper take them. By simply trying to survive, the Harts become the most impressive spousal mass murderers in history, just through the collateral damage.

If you ban Tabe, we riot. My only knowledge of Hart to Hart was the Adam Scott special thing on Adult Swim that recreated the show opening.

In no universe is Stone better than McCoy.

He wasn't just better, he was worlds better. And I like McCoy - a lot.

It also depends on the Mccoy your talking about. Early season mccoy is much easier to take than the (much) preachier version that shows up by the Angie Harmon seasons and later. His hissy fits at losing in court become almost hogan like.  When it comes to the cops, they all bow down to Logan, however. . . . 

Ranked in order of favorite cop tandems:

1) Briscoe/Logan

2) Briscoe/Curtis

3) Briscoe/Green

4) Logan/Greevy

5) Green/Fontana

6) Green/Lupo

7) Fontana/Falco 

8) Bernard/Lupo

9) Logan/Ceretta

• Like 1

In no universe is Stone better than McCoy.

He wasn't just better, he was worlds better. And I like McCoy - a lot.

It also depends on the Mccoy your talking about. Early season mccoy is much easier to take than the (much) preachier version that shows up by the Angie Harmon seasons and later. His hissy fits at losing in court become almost hogan like.  When it comes to the cops, they all bow down to Logan, however. . . . 

D'Onofrio owns Logan on L&O: CI.  Nothing worse than sitting through the opening murder scene just to find out it's a Logan and not a Goren.

• Like 1

McCoy is the biggest reason I've never ever been able to get into the original L&O. I cannot fucking stand him. Comparing him to Hogan was spot on.

With CI I could enjoy any of the detective pairings but I prefer D'Onofrio and Goldblum to Noth. To be honest I was a much bigger SVU fan, at least until Stabler left. That killed the show for me and is one of the worst cast changes in the history of TV IMO. I find the new episodes to be unwatchable.