DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I think keeping the 700 club on was a condition when Robertson sold it to Fox, and then Disney inherited the albatross.

In all fairness how else would I have learned that back in the day Haiti made a deal with the devil?

Sean <3

Watching NOVA right now about Barnes Wallis' bouncing bombs and the astounding raid on the Möhne and Edersee dams and wondering when the hell Peter Jackson will get on with the remake of THE DAM BUSTERS that Stephen Fry wrote for him.

I used to watch original SNL, Fernwood 2Night, Mork and Mindy, Get Smart, all kinds of cool shows on Nick at Nite as a kid. Really do miss it.

I think all of those shows are on MeTV or Antenna TV

When I lived in my old house and didn't have cable, I got pretty decent results just using a cheap antenna from Target. The local ABC substation had MeTv, Antenna TV and This (MGM movie channel) on the digital subchannels. Plus I think the HD content on the normal channels (especially sports) looked better than cable.

I used to watch original SNL, Fernwood 2Night, Mork and Mindy, Get Smart, all kinds of cool shows on Nick at Nite as a kid. Really do miss it.

A million likes for Fernwood 2Night.

• Like 1

Yeah, I watched that and Donna Reed too.

Dr. Alex Stone did not deserve such a babe.

Does anyone remember when she was cast to replace Barbara Bel Geddes on DALLAS and America turned on her?

Assholes.

We were never angry at her. but those lousy producers. 

This was a great season of Survivor. One of the best, even. Survivor is and shall forever be the greatest game show of all-time.

I wish the Men in Black memory wands were real so we could run this season 100 times and see who wins each time. Tony, Spencer, Kass, and Trish all played incredible games, Tasha wasn't a slouch either. Even LJ and Jefra showed a lot more signs of strategic life than most mid-season boots.

Louie's most recent episode (I think) "Elevator" brought me back to one of the worst times in my life.

We had taken a roadtrip to the Boston area, and my wife figured she'd take in some more urban/metropolitan fitness classes.  So I drop her off at a hula-hooping class and drive over to pick up something from a Whole Foods to surprise her when she's done.  I hit a little Boston traffic on the way back, but figured I had a little lee-way and I'd show up right as she was getting out of class.

I get back to the hippie store and it's closed, no lights, locked up for the night.  I'm a little annoyed, but figured maybe she was in another store in the same strip mall.  Check all the stores, no sign of her.  I go down the stairs to see if there's a back door to the hippie store - nothing.  This was before we had cellphones mind you.  So I'm sitting there, pacing around the parking lot for 20 minutes, wondering if she got a ride back to the rental house. As I'm going into the yogurt shop to ask to use their phone, she comes around the corner of the hippie shop with her "classmates."  I cannot tell you how relieved I was.

I can just imagine how terrifying it would be to lose track of your kid in New York, even if you supposedly knew where she was going to be.

tl:dr cool story bro