DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

There is a movie called Cyber with Thor of all people coming out early next year. With Paranoia bombing, does anyone really think the Hemsworth brothers inspire fear about technology (hacking specifically)? If they understand anything beyond the basics of an iPhone, I'll be thoroughly surprised. 

So, all of our crazy aunts and uncles?

People who consider this a plausible scenario...

demons-buffy-robot-290x400.jpg

IF YOU'RE NOT JACKED INTO THE NET YOU'RE NOT ALIVE@!!@@#!#@@!#!@@#!

GOd I miss that era when the word "jacked" was like this verb for everything tough on t.v. shows:

"I got jacked downtown for jackin' some cars"

"What a jack, man!"

"No problem.  I can jack it down to three jacks in the jack joint.  I can jack that jackin'."

I applaud you. You went along with the reference even though I specified who I was talking about the very next sentence. That's commitment. Kudos.

Dammit, what part of "Yes and" do you not understand???

I hate your face.

I applaud you. You went along with the reference even though I specified who I was talking about the very next sentence. That's commitment. Kudos.

Dammit, what part of "Yes and" do you not understand???

I hate your face.

Ha! Grandma's Boy reference!  See...common ground!

• Like 1

I envision that one Buffy episode with the demon being scanned into the computer as the peak of this entire concept. Also, I think Law and Order did one of Piranesi's ideas years ago.

Doing Ghost in the Shell as a TV show sounds super expensive per episode.

Oh definitely, but CSI:Cyber is a CBS show so it will be extremely dumbed down. The will be far more "Hackers" then it will be GitS

James

I hope Horatio Cane shows up for a guest spot in CSI:Cyber.

"Looks like this guy...logged off for the last time."

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm almost certain he already used that either in the episode that was a riff on Dateline predator stings or the episode about the "sorority house webcast" SEX WEBSITE!!!!

How about

"Yes, Eric, but it seems this free AOL trial...is expired." YEHHHHHHHHHHH!!H!H!H!H!H!H!H!!!!!!!

I really don't have a problem with CBS.

We were talking about this a few months back. I don't judge them for churning out procedurals aimed at casual fans. And some of those shows, like Elementary or Person of Interest are actually really good. They have a brand that works; good for them.

But I do think stuff like NCIS: New Orleans or CSI: Cyber just reeks of laziness. And, as noted, the CSI name doesn't even mean much anymore, so why bother?

No ones asking them to come up with the next Breaking Bad. But at least try and be a little creative.

Didn't watch it yet (I'm well behind), but I did catch the last scene.  I assume I should know who that character is, but I don't.  Anyone want to spoilerlize the cliffhanger for me?

Haven't seen Frozen?

Didn't watch it yet (I'm well behind), but I did catch the last scene.  I assume I should know who that character is, but I don't.  Anyone want to spoilerlize the cliffhanger for me?

Haven't seen Frozen?

Nope,  The comment about fastest transition from flim to tv made me wonder if it didn't have something to do with that movie (that and the ice).