DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

A soul crushing examination of Baltimore and the drug war pretty much kills stupid fucking Vampires with cute chicks and bad jokes.

You are a bad person with terrible opinions and I don't like you.

I'm kidding but Buffy was fantastic and seeing you savages attempt to tear it down is a travesty.

"On a scale of 7 to 7 with THE SHIELD being 7 and DEXTER being 7, I give THE WIRE a 7."

This may be the funniest thing I read all day. Take a bow, sir.

I've never had a post get this many Likes before. I'm not really sure how to react. I guess I'd like to start by thanking my zen master, Tabe, who taught me that it is best to be pleased with all things but not overly much.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/brooklyn-nine-nine-mindy-project-686931

Brooklyn Nine-Nine to get a second season. Good news, its one of my favourite shows since they started showing it in the UK in January. The eighth episode aired on Thursday.

That's good news. I'm 10 episodes in and I'm digging it. It's kind of got that Office, Parks & Rec vibe. Also Andre Braugher is like the best possible straight man for Andy Samberg.

Burned through the first season of Hell on Wheels at the start of the week, got through 10 eps in about 2 days- it was enjoyable, flawed in places but stuck with it because it was so damn addictive to me.

Then,I started the 2nd season last night and its like a totally different show everything just seems thrown together (more than usual). Has anyone else thought this or is it just me?

On a positive note Dominique McElligot (Lily Bell) is sooooo hot.

"On a scale of 7 to 7 with THE SHIELD being 7 and DEXTER being 7, I give THE WIRE a 7."

This may be the funniest thing I read all day. Take a bow, sir.

I've never had a post get this many Likes before. I'm not really sure how to react. I guess I'd like to start by thanking my zen master, Tabe, who taught me that it is best to be pleased with all things but not overly much.
I tend to be really enthusiastic about stuff that actually deserves it - Up, West Wing, Her to name three.
  • Like 1

Burned through the first season of Hell on Wheels at the start of the week, got through 10 eps in about 2 days- it was enjoyable, flawed in places but stuck with it because it was so damn addictive to me.

Then,I started the 2nd season last night and its like a totally different show everything just seems thrown together (more than usual). Has anyone else thought this or is it just me?

On a positive note Dominique McElligot (Lily Bell) is sooooo hot.

iIRC everyone was kind of surprised the show got a second season. Really could have just ended it after the first.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/13/cbs-renews-the-good-wife-the-millers-two-and-a-half-men-hawaii-five-0-and-13-more/244495/

CBS renewed a whole bunch of shows today. Notable for their absences are The Crazy Ones, Intelligence and The Mentalist, so they're probably cancelled.Two and a Half Men will go on forever.

For all the trashing CBS gets, at least they do have a very stable schedule. Something gets to a second season, and you can pretty much guarantee the show is going on for a while and the writers will get a chance to tell the story.

Fundamentally, I agree CBS are very smart with their choices. Absolutely, it works for them. And there are a few of their drama shows, I think are pretty good. (I don't watch their comedies.)

But, I don't know, I guess I wish they could try being successful and creative more. They've shown they know how to be both. Elementary, Person of Interest and Under the Dome are very good shows that can appeal to casual fans and be individual and unique. Go with that formula instead of greenlighting NCIS: Memphis or whatever.

But, yeah, there's only so much criticism you can give when they are as successful as they are.

The Hallmark Channel edits of Frasier, Cheers, and Golden Girls never cease to boggle my mind. It's OK to say "slut" and make anal sex jokes but you can't say "vomit", "butt", "penis", or "hell". I have no idea why they edit what they do but it's weird as fuck.

Fundamentally, I agree CBS are very smart with their choices. Absolutely, it works for them. And there are a few of their drama shows, I think are pretty good. (I don't watch their comedies.)

But, I don't know, I guess I wish they could try being successful and creative more. They've shown they know how to be both. Elementary, Person of Interest and Under the Dome are very good shows that can appeal to casual fans and be individual and unique. Go with that formula instead of greenlighting NCIS: Memphis or whatever.

But, yeah, there's only so much criticism you can give when they are as successful as they are.

Under the Dome was pretty bad. Other than that I agree with you though.

I got caught up on the last three episodes of the U.S. version of "Being Human" and it's probably the best job they've done with the show ever. Bringing back older characters and changing their paths in this alternate timeline has made this show much more interesting than it's ever been. They definitely should have kept Bishop around longer than they did.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/13/cbs-renews-the-good-wife-the-millers-two-and-a-half-men-hawaii-five-0-and-13-more/244495/

CBS renewed a whole bunch of shows today. Notable for their absences are The Crazy Ones, Intelligence and The Mentalist, so they're probably cancelled.Two and a Half Men will go on forever.

For all the trashing CBS gets, at least they do have a very stable schedule. Something gets to a second season, and you can pretty much guarantee the show is going on for a while and the writers will get a chance to tell the story.

I'm really surprised the Crazy Ones seems to be on the chopping block.  Are the ratings not good?  I don't follow ratings at all, so all I remember is that the first week or two pulled good(-ish) ratings.

SMG seems destined to have no career post-Buffy.  Kinda surprised she doesn't pop up in Whedon projects.

Guest Edwin

Has anyone watched Delocated on Adult Swim? The first season is on Netflix. I watched the first 3 episodes and it's hilarious.

It's a sitcom about a fake reality TV show about a man named "Jon" who is living under witness protection program after having testofied against the Russian mob in court and they have disguised him in a ski mask and have changed his vocal cords so they wouldn't recognize his original voice.

His originally agrees to do the reality TV series until it all eventually falls apart.

A really underrated sitcom imo.

I'm really surprised the Crazy Ones seems to be on the chopping block.  Are the ratings not good?  I don't follow ratings at all, so all I remember is that the first week or two pulled good(-ish) ratings.

SMG seems destined to have no career post-Buffy.  Kinda surprised she doesn't pop up in Whedon projects.

Weren't there stories that her and Whedon didn't exactly get along?

The Crazy Ones' ratings aren't abysmal, but they aren't great either. And CBS has several comedies doing better.

Weren't there stories that her and Whedon didn't exactly get along?

The Crazy Ones' ratings aren't abysmal, but they aren't great either. And CBS has several comedies doing better.

SMG was notorious for being hard to.get along with. Rumblings at the time said that the rest of the cast didn't much care for her by the time the show wrapped.