DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Yes! HANNIBAL finally comes back next Friday!

Yeah, really looking forward to season 2.

FYI: Comcast just made the entire first season available via On Demand.  Going to start rewatching season 1 later tonight.

Edit: Thought Hannibal was free.  It's not.  Also, how did I miss that the box set was released last September.  Guess I'll be going shopping tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, I'm not much for sci-fi, but I'm really digging Helix on the Syfy channel.  Really surprised by some of the plot twists tonight

Surprised Jeri Ryan's character was apparently dispatched already. Thought she'd become a major player.

My wife and I have been watching the Hannibal S1 Blu-Ray for the past few weeks and it is gorgeous.

We watched the eps when they originally aired, but the signal was compressed and it didn't look this good.

Has to be one of the prettiest shows I've ever seen. (By pretty, I mean aesthetically pleasing.)

Looking forward to S2.

DDP on Shark Tank was certainly interesting:

"I created a program that gets you fit without heavy effort.  Here's what it does, here's a miraculous example of a guy who uses it.  Oh, and by the way, we made $3 million this year.  I profited $800,000.  AFTER I paid myself."

"I'm out."

"I'm out."

"Dude, I totally love pro wrestling and what you are doing is awesome, but it's not cool for me to pretend that I even know who you are.  I'm out."

"I'm out."

"Let me insult you with a stupid offer so everyone will be reminded what an asshole I am."  "Ha Ha."  "I'm out."

Shark Tank can eat my chum. I'm guessing the fan was Mark Cuban, right? So happy I am only limited to my experiences with shows like these due to a friend's girlfriend who insists on watching them around us. I think it's punishment for too much punk and metal on the stereo and him stealing her menthols... sadly, I am the collateral damage.

I can only assume DDP went on Shark Tank for advertising purposes.  If he's making that much money already, he doesn't really need any help outside of face time to promote his product.

I've seen one episode of that and all I could think was "Don't take this shitty crippling deal!  Getting your stupid cookies on the show itself is whole purpose of getting your stupid cookies on the show!"

And then they took the crippling deal because I guess they wanted to "win the game."

Fuck.  What a perfect metaphor for how the system is stacked.

I can only assume DDP went on Shark Tank for advertising purposes.  If he's making that much money already, he doesn't really need any help outside of face time to promote his product.

I've seen one episode of that and all I could think was "Don't take this shitty crippling deal!  Getting your stupid cookies on the show itself is whole purpose of getting your stupid cookies on the show!"

And then they took the crippling deal because I guess they wanted to "win the game."

Fuck.  What a perfect metaphor for how the system is stacked.

Just my two cents, but the only shark that offers something worthwhile is Lori Grenier, because she has a built-in buying network as the QVC Queen, one that a regular person would have a hard time replicating early in their career.  If you have a product that fits that audience, I can understand taking a chance with her on that one product and then branching out on your own after building some equity.  Maybe that gives you the time and money to develop other stuff.  I don't think the other sharks are worth haggling with.

It seemed like such a disgusting ego jerk.  Like these guys enjoy the notion that they're so much smarter and superior than everyone, that it's not enough to just be filthy rich, but they have to have a public arena where they can single out even the few poor regular folk who are just clever enough to have a good idea that could maybe make them rich...

...and they drag those people to their arena to demonstrate to all of us that even those guys are so inferior...that the already-rich are so much smarter than everyone, that we can all sit and watch while they smirk and laugh and talk this poor sap into signing away any chance they had at being anything other than an indentured servant.

And we're supposed to look up to them because they always win...like aspire to be that.

That and UNDERCOVER BOSS piss me off...like, these sneaky hagiographic shows that trick people into sympathizing with or caring about or in any way respecting the fucking robber barons that are bleeding them and their community dry.

• Like 8

Who would even be on that show? Most of the actors who played the characters people actually liked are on other shows now.

It's gonna be like if Fox brought back 24, except instead of Jack and Chloe you got Chase from season 3 and Janeane Garofalo.

We can get more brooding Peter, the dude that can read minds and Noah.

Season one was soooo good even though the season finale was really weak. I am one of the few that stuck with it to the finish and they kind of turned it around towards the end with the evil circus clowns and Claire revealing to the world that she had powers.

If they were smart they would just start completely from scratch with all new characters.