DVDVR Message Board

FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED...

RIPPA

Please make a request for something that you would like reviewed (in pro wrestling - let's not get crazy here).

If you can provide said source material (either via DVD or youtube link) even better.

Who knows when or it what form these reviews will come out but it is a little something we can do to give back.

I am not promising anything but mystery tapes might get a higher priority than other things...

And if someone still wants to donate to help keep the lights on - shoot me a PM

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously,

If no one else has stuff, I'm just going to keep suggesting things and get a Matt D version of the DVDVR.

That cool 70s Bock vs Ernie Ladd match, Funk vs Martel from PR, this AWA ladies spotfest match that was way better than the Sherri one on the set, the Murdoch vs Pat O'Connor match from 75, the Ridiculous Tom Zenk vs Cactus Jack match from 91, the awesome Windham vs Anderson match from that same year that didn't make the 91 set, Luger/Ramon vs Hart/Perfect, The Natural Disasters vs Beverly Brothers match from Summerslam 92, this great Jack Hart vs Chavo Guerrero tv match from Florida that I don't actually have in any way shape or form, the Blackjack Mulligan vs Jerry Blackwell bounty match from the 1978 Mid-Atlantic Year In Review show. The 1996 Buddy Wayne vs Billy Two Eagles strap match that's on youtube.

Ok I'll stop. But if people keep lagging on this, you guys should totally do it.

There's no place for that stuff in the Matt D-VDVR review issue.

There IS room for the Lawler tag team with a teacher match though.

Wasn't it a doctor? Or is there a whole series of Lawler tags with everyday professionals?

You know, this is gonna sound flippant but it's not meant to be. I'd be happy with whatever you guys decide to do. If I could think of anything, maybe doing an indy review or a best of along those lines. I might be way off base with here with my ideas, though. Just throwing something out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that it's free on Hulu, could we get twitter live tweets of NXT?  Maybe as a precursor to Impact or Smackdown?

I would have asked earlier, but felt bad about asking for a review of something that cost money.

(also, perhaps a custom title?)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a reminder for folks who donated (or want to donate)

You can request something for us to review. In theory - we will eventually honor said request. Unless it irritates us so.

Don't let Matt be the only one who takes advantage of this

I already DEAN to admit that a match with Tom Zenk and Dory Funk was good.

I am trying to figure out what AWA ladies spotfest match you are talking about