DVDVR Message Board

January 2014 NHL Thread

Big Fresh

Eric fucking Nystrom had a 4 goal game last night, and of course it would be against the Flames...

Shouldn't complain too much, though, since the Flames did end up winning in the shootout. Actually, I feel kind of bad for Nystrom. You do not deserve to lose to the Flames after scoring 4 goals by yourself.

Knew DFA was going to be pissed off after that!

And speaking of pissed off, apparently the NHL video review guy's seeing eye dog passed away before the Blues-Isles overtime today. Seriously, what a fucking horrible call that was to waive off the goal. Watch the Isles miss the playoffs by a point now.

The best part about it was the Joey Moss comparison, as if in Healy's mind comparing the director of hockey operations and the assistant equipment manager with a disability was somehow a logical path of sarcasm that makes sense in a defense of Kevin Lowe.

I've been thinking about it for a few minutes now and I still can't fathom what it was supposed to mean.

I heart hockey

I heart outdoor hockey

I heart outdoor hockey in the snow

I especially heart outdoor hockey in the snow when it is at Yankee Stadium and the Rangers are suddenly putting the boots to the Devils

Jets get 6 shots in the first two periods, Al Montoya plays like a madman, and they come from behind to win 3-1 in Chicago. If it wasn't minus a billion here, it definitely would have been a pants-free weekend.

Now how many of their forwards do they have to package up to get a legit defenseman? No way Gagner alone gets it done.

Assuming they are unwilling to trade RNH and Hall, I would imagine Perron or Eberle would have to move. Trading Perron would be stupid, so it would have to be Eberle.

Course I'm not sure if he can get back anything more then a 2/3 defensemen. It would help, but they aren't getting a one without moving one of there big 2. Course, they probably need a 1-4, so take what you can get.