DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Some of Lawler's stuff for the new Topps card set.

BdRSsNNCUAECf-l.jpg

Always amused when people say Lawler is/was a "decent" artist. Decent my fat ass- his drawings would've made him a star if the whole rassling thing hadn't panned out.

• Like 4

That Skeletor/Ted DiBiase figure is awesome.  It looks like $keletor is going to the prom.

Junior what? Can't be weight and his pa has been dead.

Morton's short with skinny little arms and legs.  He's all beer gut and mullet.  He's got to be shoot under 225 or whatever the weight limit is.

At the same time, it took me a minute to recognize that was Kevin Nash. At first I thought it might be Hacksaw! Maybe it's just the fact that Nash has aged so much and I'm used to him not looking like he used to... or it could just be a better drawing. 

It's because nobody ever thinks about Kevin Nash so their first thought isn't going to be, "Hey, it's Kevin Nash!"  It's more like, "Who is...oh, it's Kevin Nash."

BdRSsNNCUAECf-l.jpg

Always amused when people say Lawler is/was a "decent" artist. Decent my fat ass- his drawings would've made him a star if the whole rassling thing hadn't panned out.

Maybe if he'd taken some classes or devoted more time to it. He's a talented amateur, but his eyes are off, and that Sheiky is pretty bad.

• Like 1

BdRSsNNCUAECf-l.jpg

Those are awesome, but am I the only one thinks Kevin Nash is a bit Jim Dugganish, and Edge has a ton of Jericho going on?

edit: Okay, well, I read the thread and never mind :)

Maybe if he'd taken some classes or devoted more time to it. He's a talented amateur, but his eyes are off, and that Sheiky is pretty bad.

These are paintings (after photos) meant to be photo-realistic, which I don't think is his forte. Check out his old Memphis cartoon stuff, it's super sick.