DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

IIRC, it was from a bunkhouse battle royal at Nassau Coliseum in 1988.  WWF Magazine had pics from that battle royal, and I'm pretty sure Don Muraco is wearing the Jets jersey (it was a Mark Gastineau #99 jersey, but it said "The Rock" on the back).

The Rougeaus are wearing the NY Islanders jerseys (they just started their "we love the USA" gimmick around the time of this match and were still faces).  Not seen but from what I remember in the magazine - Lanny Poffo in a suit of armor.

JD

I was quietly told by a friend in sixth grade that that was the right way to do it, and that my more relaxed and round-knuckled version was embarrassing everyone.  I didn't buy it, but I went with the crowd.

Zeidler, you've made me realize I've been conflicted about this for years.  It's caused me to be really withholding with my emotions.

Hold on, I think I may be on the verge of a real breakthrough here.

• Like 1

That match was on the "most unusual WWF matches" (or whatever) tape they put out back in the day. I rented it when I was a kid, it had that, a female wrestlers match with a powerbomb finish that they treated as unusual (ha!), and two Race/Hogan Texas death matches that blew goats. DVDVR actually reviewed it. 

That match was on the "most unusual WWF matches" (or whatever) tape they put out back in the day. I rented it when I was a kid, it had that, a female wrestlers match with a powerbomb finish that they treated as unusual (ha!), and two Race/Hogan Texas death matches that blew goats. DVDVR actually reviewed it. 

I remember that tape. The Hogan/Race death match was from MSG and The Fink did this whole thing before the introductions about how people in the first couple of rows should get up and stand in the back because they could not guarantee their safety during the match. I seem to remember the Hogan/Race match from Boston being a little better.

1507650_667166410007007_1333671885_n.jpg

This is a warning poster they put up in schools, right?  Like Mr. Yuk?

"Hey kids, what do you do when you see Jumpsuit Man?

"RUN!"

"That's right! And what do you do when you see Carpeted-Van Man?"

"RUN!"

"That's Right!  And what do you do when the two are combined?"

"WHAT?  THAT HAPPENS????  I CAN'T....I DON'T...."

• Like 6

61363436965419333323042.jpg

Moments later, Les turned into a giant hot dog.

The state of the front-butts. Wow.

1507650_667166410007007_1333671885_n.jpg

Superstar Bill Dundee wants YOU, to, uh, check out the interior of his slick, soundproof shaggin' wagon.

To be fair to Bill, given Jerry's payoff, he may have been living in it and just wanted to be comfortable.

• Like 2