DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I had to do a little googling, and not sure of the context but that was fucking intense.

It's the cast of the TV show Spartacus. The main actor, Andy Whitfield, was sick with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma after season one. They did a prequel season to give him time to recover, and this was a message of support from the Kiwi members of the cast (which was most of them). Unfortunately he died a year or so later.

The All Blacks do the same haka, usually.

• Like 2

I had to do a little googling, and not sure of the context but that was fucking intense.

It's the cast of the TV show Spartacus. The main actor, Andy Whitfield, was sick with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma after season one. They did a prequel season to give him time to recover, and this was a message of support from the Kiwi members of the cast (which was most of them). Unfortunately he died a year or so later.

I read about that, what I wasn't sure about the context when I first saw it was if the Haka was part of the show or something since I'd never watched it. It seems like a helluva gesture from the cast and a symbol of how much they liked and cared about the guy.

This is reason alone to start looking for rugby to watch. I bet you if the one of the Super Bowl teams came out and did a Haka, the opposing team would collectively shit themselves.

http://youtu.be/tdMCAV6Yd0Y

This audio is set to play from my phone when I get a call from my father..... You can read into that whatever you like about what it says about our relationship.