DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

American Wolves rumored to be close to signing with TNA....

American Wolves rumored to be blowing their chance of staying with TNA...

Man, if they pull that off, we should give them an award.

For most outstanding wack grapplers.*

*With apologies to Cypress Hill.

This is the same company that rewards DUIs and main event

ruining drug binges with title runs, so it would be super impressive if the Wolves did something to ruin their signings.

I love that Swagger can barely keep a straight face during that segment.  

Cesaro, on the other hand, has had enough ants throw pretend grenades at him to be able to keep a straight face.

THOUGHT: What if Zeb wakes up and the punch has addled his brain into a babyface turn for the Real Americans? 

• Like 1

I love how people were shitting all over Punk vs. Lesnar because "Punk isn't believable against Lesnar" but are now calling Bryan vs. Lesnar.

Don't get me wrong, I want Lesnar to beat the shit out of Bryan just to have Bryan coming back again and again with desperate dives and running dropkicks. Also some grappling excellence. 

Bryan is a much better athlete than Punk. Punk kicks and jiu-jitsu~ are pretty terrible and I thought the armbar reversal on their match was a bit eye rolling, I don't know anyone who shitted on Punk vs Brock tho.

I love how people were shitting all over Punk vs. Lesnar because "Punk isn't believable against Lesnar" but are now calling Bryan vs. Lesnar.

Don't get me wrong, I want Lesnar to beat the shit out of Bryan just to have Bryan coming back again and again with desperate dives and running dropkicks. Also some grappling excellence. 

Bryan is a much better athlete than Punk. Punk kicks and jiu-jitsu~ are pretty terrible and I thought the armbar reversal on their match was a bit eye rolling, I don't know anyone who shitted on Punk vs Brock tho.

A certain Obese Castellian Foodserver.

• Like 6

I love that Swagger can barely keep a straight face during that segment.  

Cesaro, on the other hand, has had enough ants throw pretend grenades at him to be able to keep a straight face.

THOUGHT: What if Zeb wakes up and the punch has addled his brain into a babyface turn for the Real Americans? 

or the punch causes Zeb to think he's in Vietnam and he begins to confuse the Usos for the Viet Cong

• Like 2

Which pays better at this point: NXT or TNA?

I think it would depend on what outside bookings you can get. If you're a full, contracted developmental talent, you're probably making better money than being a bottom-rung TNA guy. If you're a TNA guy who does lots of indy shows, you might net more in a year, but I would still imagine with travel expenses and whatnot, you're probably better off in NXT. Also keep in mind that NXT guys have their travel & hotel paid for them until their developmental contract is up (and they hopefully have a main-roster contract - which doesn't pay for hotel & road expenses) so overall I would figure NXT.

When Brian Cage was on olts PodCast he mentioned how the NXT guys got a raise (to which Colt said, "are we talking about this? Are we aloud too?), but the point above about travel and hotels being paid probably saves a TON of money.

I thought they were going to hold off on the Warrior in the HOF until they had Mania in the Parts Unknown region.  Usually they like to go with a hometown guy.  

well, they had to induct the Iron Sheik early since they couldn't hold Wrestlemania in Iran. There's precedent

• Like 1

Here's some training videos from that Diva Search thingie WWE held last year. Eva Marie, JoJo, Lana, Devin Taylor, Veronica Lane & a few other girls are in the videos. Jojo has a mini match with Sara Del Ray at the end of week four.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x19ihzu_diva-search-week-1-in-review_sport

www.dailymotion.com/video/x19iici_diva-search-week-2-in-review_sport

www.dailymotion.com/video/x19iirn_diva-search-week-3-in-review_sport

www.dailymotion.com/video/x19ijsr_diva-search-week-4-in-review_sport

A certain Obese Castellian Foodserver.

Careful lad, people on here actually think I am Fat, Spanish, and a Waiter.