DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Speaking of Legends House, is the preview they have up within their network page info the first look we've seen from this? I know it was shot a few years ago, and remember several around here kinda making fun of it, but I think it looks fun and silly enough for a WWE reality show. 

Batista_tweeter.jpg

Oh man, Batista vs. Del Rio in MMA match please.

EDIT: Also, way to bury the roster.

Yeah, who does he think he is?  Michael Cole?  CM Punk?

Big Dave complaining about B-era stars believing their own hype is amusingly ironic, though.

Switching things up a little: Anyone have any ideas about Hall of Fame entrants for this year?

Goldberg? Steiners? Any famous NO guys I can't think of right now?

Since he was just on Raw, jake would make sense, given the location too.

Depending on what kind of terms they are on, maybe Midnights and RNR.

If Ross was still with the company, id have said DR Death.

Only interested in the financial aspects of the network, as their stock is grossly overvalued by every possible measure (Steph selling her shares was probably one of the smarter decisions she's ever made), and I've considered shorting it (or at the very least buying some put options), but was hesitant to pull the trigger until more was known about the network endeavor.

IIRC from years back, WWE needs about 200,000 buys to break even on PPVs, correct? And besides from the main 4, most of them over to past year seem to do around 200,000, - 300,000 at the most, domestically. A cursory glance tells me that nowadays RAW gets around a 3.0 rating, give or take a tenth here and here, which equates to roughly 3.3-3.6M viewers per episode.

So, according to WWE, they need 800,000 to 1M network subscribers just to BREAK EVEN?? Basically, they need close to a third of the entire RAW audience, or approximately 5x their current PPV base, just to not lose money on this? And it's not even available outside the U.S. yet?

Unless I'm missing something, and please correct me if I am, those are NOT good numbers. Given their video library, there's obviously people who haven't watched RAW in ages that will subscribe for the old content, but being VERY generous and assuming everyone of the current hardcore viewing audience (which I think the best measurement of that is the PPV buyrates) at around 300,000 sign up, that leaves a short fall of anywhere between half a million and 700,000 additional subscribers. I don't see them getting more than half a million total subscribers to this. Which makes the current stock valuation all the more absurd.

The stock valuation has less to do with the network and more to do with the upcoming TV contract.

Re: The Hall, apparently this'll be Warrior's year. Adding The Freebirds and Jake would probably work as well.

It's code for "all your posts are condescending diatribes in which you manage to shit on everything, only taking breaks to tell us how buff you are and how much the ladies appreciate it".

Goldman I got this one. No actually its code language for "My name is Antacular and I'm a dickhead on an wrestling board. I'm Hardcore!!! I'm Hardcore!!!". That is what its code language for.

Humorous how none of my other posts garner this reaction from you two ladies, but once I mention the infeasibility of a wrasslin' network based on current audience numbers, your panties get all bunched up. Isn't that what the "IGNORE/BLOCK/WHATVER" option is for?

The stock valuation has less to do with the network and more to do with the upcoming TV contract.

I considered that, but from what I gather, as consistent as the ratings are, and as much as they help propel USA Network to first, a new contract wouldn't be leaps and bounds over the current one to justify such a run up, correct? How much more over the current rate does Vince think he'll squeeze out of the networks?

Oh shit Antacular, I feel like a dickhead, I thought cuz I'm that important that you were talking about my Batista _ Del Rio feud thought. Fuck dude my bad don't listen to what I say, Im the dickhead on the wrestling board.

What other mid-south/UWF acts would be possibilities, assuming the Freebirds are in for sure? I'm assuming that's gonna be the bulk of it since they're doing it in New Orleans. Magnum TA, Terry Taylor, Butch Reed, Dick Slater, Kamala, Eddie Gilbert, Missing Link, Matt Borne and King Kong Bundy aren't in so they would all work. This would be a good year to induct Bossman too.

I thought the Freebirds were already in the Hall of Fame.....No matter, can we get on something besides the WWE Network since there is now a thread for it specifically? Maybe comment how much Billy Gunn dwarfed everyones new favorite "monster" bad ass that uses a spear, Roman Reign with that Jackhammer?

• Like 1

What other mid-south/UWF acts would be possibilities, assuming the Freebirds are in for sure? I'm assuming that's gonna be the bulk of it since they're doing it in New Orleans. Magnum TA, Terry Taylor, Butch Reed, Dick Slater, Kamala, Eddie Gilbert, Missing Link, Matt Borne and King Kong Bundy aren't in so they would all work. This would be a good year to induct Bossman too.

Reed inducted by Simmons makes sense.

I think they would not do Kamala, due to his health issues. (No smiles on faces to see jim harris in wheelchair with amputated leg)

Danny Hodge would be logical choice too, with JR inducting.

I've met Danny Hodge a few times even at the age he was at (this was six or seven years ago) he still had a strong grip. It was the Reno World of Wrestling tournament that kids wrestle in and Danny Hodge crushed an apple with one hand before the tournament started. It was pretty cool.

Oh shit Antacular, I feel like a dickhead, I thought cuz I'm that important that you were talking about my Batista _ Del Rio feud thought. Fuck dude my bad don't listen to what I say, Im the dickhead on the wrestling board.

No harm no foul.