DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

After reading the FAQ, they are incredibly vague about the 6 month deal.  Is it $60 up front?  Is it a 6 month contract that you pay monthly?  They need to clarify.  I hate to be that guy, but it could be a deal breaker for me.  They almost had my money.

Wait and see, you've got a month.

I'm sure that's gonna be answered within the month.  I can't see it not being addressed.

• Like 1

I think it's to initially subscribe, it's $60 the first time, and you won't pay $10 a month until 6 months later. Then it's a monthly withdraw from your bank account. Surely that has to be what they mean. I want to know what the "Raw and SmackDown replays" are. Full episodes? Just highlights, like WWE AM RAW? Do they have the rights to re-broadcast those shows in full? I'm sure a lot more information will come out in between now and the launch date.

They had me sold on 720p episodes of ECW Hardcore TV.

I think it's to initially subscribe, it's $60 the first time, and you won't pay $10 a month until 6 months later. Then it's a monthly withdraw from your bank account. Surely that has to be what they mean. I want to know what the "Raw and SmackDown replays" are. Full episodes? Just highlights, like WWE AM RAW? Do they have the rights to re-broadcast those shows in full? I'm sure a lot more information will come out in between now and the launch date.

They had me sold on 720p episodes of ECW Hardcore TV.

Even if they don't know, I'd bet they get it as part of their new TV deal.

Where are people getting the $60 down payment stuff? They spell out pretty clearly IMO how it's going to work. You pay $9.99 per month, but have to commit to a six month "contract". It's no different than when you get some super low price on DirecTV/Cable for the first 12 months, then pay a higher monthly price after. You're committing to six months, but you don't make any sort of down payment. You're still paying them monthly.

I'm sure the commitment is just going to be some sort of automatic billing system or something.

Where are people getting the $60 down payment stuff? They spell out pretty clearly IMO how it's going to work. You pay $9.99 per month, but have to commit to a six month "contract". It's no different than when you get some super low price on DirecTV/Cable for the first 12 months, then pay a higher monthly price after. You're committing to six months, but you don't make any sort of down payment. You're still paying them monthly.

I'm sure the commitment is just going to be some sort of automatic billing system or something.

Because Amazon Prime talks about "x amount per month", but in reality, you have to buy the full year up front.  That's the vibe I was getting.

• Like 1

Because Amazon Prime talks about "x amount per month", but in reality, you have to buy the full year up front.  That's the vibe I was getting.

9. How and when will I be billed for WWE Network?

You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”

Don't know how much clearer they can make it.

• Like 1

Sorry, was putting the baby to sleep. So yeah, the monthly PPVs are now no longer shows that they expect people to dump fifty or sixty or whatever a month on. It's part of a ten dollar a month deal that they're not just expecting but encouraging their fanbase to commit to. Now factor in how important the new tv contract upcoming is to them. 

Something's going to give. That's all I'm saying. I'm curious what Jae had in mind.

Sorry, was putting the baby to sleep. So yeah, the monthly PPVs are now no longer shows that they expect people to dump fifty or sixty or whatever a month on. It's part of a ten dollar a month deal that they're not just expecting but encouraging their fanbase to commit to. Now factor in how important the new tv contract upcoming is to them.

Something's going to give. That's all I'm saying. I'm curious what Jae had in mind.

I'm curious to see what you have in mind?

No wonder you can't figure out character development in WWE characters without them shoving it down your throat. What do they teach kids today? Suddenly PPV become a hell of a lot less important as something to get people to drop 55 dollars at a time on. Maybe TV ratings are a lot more important instead depending on the contract and when everything comes up. I think they were likening themselves to NASCAR and that sort of money would be a huge increase over what they're getting now. 

I would actually chalk it up to the WWE doing their damdest to see something out out of the PPV/Library.  Yeah they're getting Classics On Demand money, but part of that goes to the cable provider.  This all goes in Vince's pockets.  How many people don't drop the $50plus for the monthy PPV's and go to the numerous LiveStream sites that are around?  How many people watch old shit on YouTube that gets around the auto-copyrighter instead of paying for COD?

Now WWE puts out a service that streams to about any mobile device as well as game consoles and PC's, displays in 720p minumum, and for $10 a month.  $10 a month per person pure profit will likely cancel out how much they were losing to YouTube and LiveSteams.

I'm sold on this.  If there was ever a case of "Shut up and take my money!" this would be it.  The price of two PPVs is great, but all that content past that?  AND all the WWF/E, WCW, and ECW PPVs?  Oh, sweet jeebus that's awesome.  I'll be lucky if I catch anything outside of wrestling at this point.

No wonder you can't figure out character development in WWE characters without them shoving it down your throat. What do they teach kids today? Suddenly PPV become a hell of a lot less important as something to get people to drop 55 dollars at a time on. Maybe TV ratings are a lot more important instead depending on the contract and when everything comes up. I think they were likening themselves to NASCAR and that sort of money would be a huge increase over what they're getting now.

No, now they need to convert 200k people paying 60$ into 1.2m people paying 10. They're going to need to differentiate the two products significantly.