DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

I already subscribe to so many different monthly things - so this is a no-brainer addition for me, but $10 is ridiculously low for the value. I'd have paid as much as $20/month for that content. I was already paying $12.95 for just Classics OnDemand, before I switched to DirecTV.

I might be out, now.  They turned me off when I saw you have to make a $60 down payment.

But you would be paying that anyway. 

I NEVER have $60 at one time, though.  I can afford $10 a month, but not 60 at once.

It doesn't *say* cough up $60 at once.  Its possible its $10 a month, but you're contracted for 6 months.  Or you can sit and wait for it to go monthly, which it will at some point. 

At first glance, I'm amped. $60 is not a bad price point at all, especially with the PPV considerations. But I really, really hope that eventually there's an expansion where I can get my fix of territory stuff, MSG shows, WCWSN, Worldwide, ECW TV, SNME, Shotgun/Superstars/other syndicated shows, etc.

But still, already a butt ton better than Classics on Demand.

I might be out, now.  They turned me off when I saw you have to make a $60 down payment.

But you would be paying that anyway. 

I NEVER have $60 at one time, though.  I can afford $10 a month, but not 60 at once.

It doesn't *say* cough up $60 at once.  Its possible its $10 a month, but you're contracted for 6 months.  Or you can sit and wait for it to go monthly, which it will at some point. 

I'm fine if that's the case.  I don't have a problem being in a "contract".

Sponging off MLB.tv's distribution system.  They got the infrastructure. 

Shit, its amazing that we were shitting on this as a bad idea a year ago, and it turned into a potential gamechanger instead of the 10's XFL.

Raziel, are you sure about this not being a fully streaming network? The woman who was out said it would be streaming programming 24/7, but then you could watch anything in the On Demand library. Even the screenshot they showed had a "what's on now" type message.

Raziel, are you sure about this not being a fully streaming network? The woman who was out said it would be streaming programming 24/7, but then you could watch anything in the On Demand library. Even the screenshot they showed had a "what's on now" type message.

Of course its fully streaming.  Every video you get online of fully streamed, if you're not downloading it ahead of time, regardless of if its live or pre-recorded.  Every YouTube video is streamed.  

the What's on Now seems to be what they're showing live (RAW/SmackDown pre-shows, PPV's, new releases of the original content, PPV's), and the back catalog is done Netflix-style.  The "start from beginning" button looks like its a "shit, I started it and walked away, I want to restart it" like the "play from beginning" button on Netflix.

EDIT: By downloading it ahead of time, I mean downloading the full file onto your HDD and watching it that way, instead of watching a buffered video ala YouTube.

NO XBONE!!!!!! LOL!!!

If this works how they're pimping, this could actually be a game changer for a LOT of PPV stuff.

I'm sure they said XBox?

They said it's coming on the X-Box One, but not at launch.

This is a very cool announcement. I hope they include that "Legends of Wrestling" round table show too. I like that a lot.

DAMN! I get Classics for $4.99 on Suddenlink, so this is 2x the cost for me. Still in, though.

That's a ton of Benoit for them to edit.

Wasn't there a report last week saying the Benoit stuff would not be edited out?

I'd not heard that but it's awesome. I hate how on Classics we never get any Flair on Nitro because of the Horsemen.

After reading the FAQ, they are incredibly vague about the 6 month deal.  Is it $60 up front?  Is it a 6 month contract that you pay monthly?  They need to clarify.  I hate to be that guy, but it could be a deal breaker for me.  They almost had my money.

After reading the FAQ, they are incredibly vague about the 6 month deal.  Is it $60 up front?  Is it a 6 month contract that you pay monthly?  They need to clarify.  I hate to be that guy, but it could be a deal breaker for me.  They almost had my money.

Wait and see, you've got a month.