DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Just in time for WrestleMania to kick it off.  Monday Night War looks intrestesting if they show the whole episodes.

I *hope* they got their shit together and have the infrastructure in place to pull this off.  

Smart thing is they gave themselves over a month between launch and Mania to iron everything out.  Someone was paying attention to other big service launches and the iPPV failures.

- All 12 PPVs including Mania at no extra cost

- New reality shows (Legends house)

- Pre RAW/SD shows

- All existing WWE/WCW/ECW PPVs from launch

- Past episodes of RAW/SD

- TEN BUCKS A MONTH

Oh my fuck I'm down. So down.

Pretty much the dream launch scenario. And if the infrastructure holds, they could add all that territorial footage. 

I'm seeing cynical fans who jumped off the WWE bandwagon long ago saying they'll spend 10 bucks a month on this. Shit, I haven't watched a weekly episode of WWE in a long long time, and I'm going to do it.

Same here.  I haven't watched programming in ages, but $10 is worth it strictly for the back catalog.

Just in time for WrestleMania to kick it off.  Monday Night War looks intrestesting if they show the whole episodes.

I *hope* they got their shit together and have the infrastructure in place to pull this off.  

Smart thing is they gave themselves over a month between launch and Mania to iron everything out.  Someone was paying attention to other big service launches and the iPPV failures.

They were showing whole episodes during the "Monday Night War" shows on Classics On Demand. Well, except for you-know-who.

Fuck it, I'm in until they give me a reason not to be, shitty Comcast internet and all. This is an insane amount of value considering it's what I'm paying for Classics On-Demand now. Madness.

I'm guessing this is the last major charge Vince McMahon leads as owner of the company and this is a spectacular way to go out, with what is essentially a huge money making thank you to the fans.

• Like 2

- All 12 PPVs including Mania at no extra cost

- New reality shows (Legends house)

- Pre RAW/SD shows

- All existing WWE/WCW/ECW PPVs from launch

- Past episodes of RAW/SD

- TEN BUCKS A MONTH

Oh my fuck I'm down. So down.

Pretty much the dream launch scenario. And if the infrastructure holds, they could add all that territorial footage. 

I'm seeing cynical fans who jumped off the WWE bandwagon long ago saying they'll spend 10 bucks a month on this. Shit, I haven't watched a weekly episode of WWE in a long long time, and I'm going to do it.

Yeah it's absolutely awesome. You don't even need to watch the current stuff to get the value. And in time, they'll add everything, of course!

You realize this changes what we'll get on TV every month if not every week.

In what way?

You realize this changes what we'll get on TV every month if not every week.

In what way?

I have some ideas but I'd like to hear Matt clarify first.
Some of the writing was already on the wall by the way they are pushing the WWE app and having exclusive content on there.

NO XBONE!!!!!!  LOL!!!

If this works how they're pimping, this could actually be a game changer for a LOT of PPV stuff.

I'm sure they said XBox?

Xbox 360.  They mentioned PS3 and 4 by name, but just the 360.  I'm sure its coming though.

$60 for 6 months isn't horrible, if it works, that's a shitload of content, still.  It'll have kinks to start, every online service does.  But it smoke Classics on Demand with being able to look at anything instead of what they happen to be offering.