DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

But they had to do something with Bret Hart on that PPV! I mean, you know, besides having him wrestle a match, because that would just be ridiculous.

He had a no-compete clause with the WWF, which is why he was the referree in the Zbyszko vs Bischoff match earlier in the night. That allowed him the power for that night to be an active referee and immediately materialize after the "fast-count" to restart the match.

Since we're still talking nWo and Starrcage, where would have things gone if Hogan said no to being the third man and Bischoff went with Sting like he originally had planned? Would the red and yellow have blown through the Sting-led nWo like he did with the Dungeon of Doom??

To continue the talk about celebrities/athletes that get involved in a wrestling angle and actually add something. Karl Malone did a very good job out there at Bash at the Beach and all the Nitro appearances he made. He always looked like he was having a Blast paling around with DDP and facing off against Hogan. He took that match very seriously.

To continue the talk about celebrities/athletes that get involved in a wrestling angle and actually add something. Karl Malone did a very good job out there at Bash at the Beach and all the Nitro appearances he made. He always looked like he was having a Blast paling around with DDP and facing off against Hogan. He took that match very seriously.

Unlike Rodman.  I was at that show and he was very clearly in no condition to perform.

Between Kevin Greene and Mongo McMicheal, I think the wrong guy became a full-time wrestler. Greene looked better in the six man with Piper and Flair against the NWO than Mongo looked in anything he ever did.

Kevin Greene was doing Brock Lesnar primal screams, what, 17 years before Brock was doing them? He was fucking awesome and was SO pumped to be a rassler. He was also the better than Mongo at the '96 GAB match against Flair and AA. Great natural babyface charisma. Gotdang Panthers making him sign contracts forbidding him from doing wrestling appearances.

I can always tell who my son's favorite wrestlers are based on what finishing moves he's doing to his teddy bear.  He's gone from the RKO to the Attitude Adjustment to the Go to Sleep to the World's Strongest Slam. 

His go-to finishing move now?  Sister Abigail.  complete with the kiss to the head. 

• Like 10

I wish KFed stuck around and did some more, absolutely loved that feud/match... had a big time feel to it and the crowd was super into it. Too bad he's never heard from much anymore, what an awesome heel. Definitely an all time fav celebrity wrestling involvement. Always wanted them to add him to the SvR video game that year as an extra. 2007 had some great stuff.

Why isn't there a WWE Cluedo? Find out who attacked Zack Ryder (Ryder is always the victim). Was it Kane in the lockerroom with a steel chair? The Shield in the parking lot with a sledgehammer? Brock Lesnar in the GM office with his bare hands? There should also be WWE Guess Who and WWE Monopoly.

• Like 4

St. Louis-area indy shows for January:

Saturday 1/4:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling at Stratford Inn in Fenton, MO (Jake Dirden defends the Heavyweight Title against World League Wrestling Champion Elvis Aliaga, Dan Walsh vs. Bradley Charles)

Friday 1/10:  St. Louis Anarchy at Knights Of Columbus Hall in Alton, IL (Michael Elgin vs. Jojo Bravo, A.C.H. vs. B-Boy, Davey Vega/Mat Fitchett vs. Gerald James/Jeremy Wyatt)

Saturday 1/11:  MMWA at South Broadway Athletic Club in St. Louis, MO (Brian James/Gary Jackson vs. Brandon Espinosa/Mephisto), NWA Central States in St. Robert, MO (Shane Somers vs. Alexandre Rudolph for the Central States Title)

Friday 1/17:  "Wrestling Invades Alton" at K Of C Hall in Alton, IL

Saturday 1/18:  SICW at Community Center in East Carondelet, IL (Bushwhacker Luke appearing, Ron Powers vs. Flash Flanagan with Ricky Cruz as referee, Lucy Mendez vs. Jordynne Grace)

Why isn't there a WWE Cluedo? Find out who attacked Zack Ryder (Ryder is always the victim). Was it Kane in the lockerroom with a steel chair? The Shield in the parking lot with a sledgehammer? Brock Lesnar in the GM office with his bare hands? There should also be WWE Guess Who and WWE Monopoly.

Before I googled it and realized it was just Clue, I thought that was some sort of crazy Inspector Claudio Clouseau character from CHIKARA I never heard of and you were wondering why Cesaro didn't portray that character.

• Like 5

I can always tell who my son's favorite wrestlers are based on what finishing moves he's doing to his teddy bear.  He's gone from the RKO to the Attitude Adjustment to the Go to Sleep to the World's Strongest Slam. 

His go-to finishing move now?  Sister Abigail.  complete with the kiss to the head. 

The thought of Shellshocked getting over as a finish made me check my bug-out bag for comfort.

Speaking of WWE House Shows

They are running the Patriot Center on Sunday (which is on George Mason's Campus thus 2 minutes from my office).

Anyway - the local advertising for it is Punk vs. Shield in the Handicap Match and Bryan vs. Bray in a Cage Match.

I guess this is a Team Punk show (or whatever the fuck they have branded the house show squads) but they are also advertising Mark Henry so it already is better.