DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

People want to see Bryan as champion for one simple reason: They see him as the best. 

For as much overanalyzing as we do of the casual/average fan, we aren't them, and we're guilty of thinking that they're not as smart as they are. Or, at least, not as smart to the business as we are. 

You don't have to be smart to the business to see what makes Daniel Bryan rule. 

He's got pro wrestling charisma. He might not be an earth shattering promo, but he doesn't need to be. He could get there if he developed some "fuck you' towards the scripts he's given. Regardless, he makes you believe when he's in the ring. He makes the people care because he fucking gets it, and the people care because they get it. Pro wrestling ain't hard. He elicits the same response out of me that I got from watching The Great Muta bust out a moonsault for the first time on the Power Hour. 

He fucking rules at what he does, and that registers with every eye on the WWE right now. 

He doesn't have to be THE top guy the way Austin was. He just has to be A top guy. The crowd wants the belt on him. They want him to get the recognition. They want him to win. Give him the goddamn win, and keep him in the mix. They'll have a coke and smile and shut the fuck up. 

It really is that simple. Fuck your quarter hours. Fuck your overruns. Nielsen is a fucking horseshit relic to begin with. 

Beer. 

• Like 5

I'm guessing Bryan pulls double duty at the Rumble.

How upset will people be if he doesn't and all he has is a one-on-one match vs Bray Wyatt?

Well, that would just be the beginning of the end for WWE.

So if a "super"plex is from the top rope.

And a "Super"fly splash is from the top rope.

Why haven't guys been doing "super"kicks the way they are meant to?

It's not unequivocally a prefix indicating top ropery.

A superkick is just a kick that's really, you know, super.

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken, he's a Brit living in Canada who poses as an overweight food server from Spain.

Either that, or he's Liam Neeson. Or CM Punk.

He's CM Punk posing as Rafa Benitez. Or Benitez trying to get a feel for wrestling for life after soccer.

Do I need to bust out puppets. 

1. You say Raw was terrible. 

2. You say you fast forwarded thru large portions of the show.

3. How can you know if a show was terrible if you ADMIT you did not watch it. 

4. Fuck You.

5. Good to see Big Fresh is still upset because I think murdering an unarmed person is wrong. 

• Like 1

2. You say you fast forwarded thru large portions of the show.

3. How can you know if a show was terrible if you ADMIT you did not watch it.

One can watch on fast forward. If I watch a match at 2x the speed, I can still tell whether or not I would consider it a good match at normal speed.

No you can't.

Well, I can. You might be an inferior being who needs to watch and rewind a lot to keep track of everything going on. And you might need to wipe off your computer monitor to get rid of that smudge where you were dragging your finger under the previous sentence.

No because the idea you can decide if something is good by fast forwarding it is ludicrous. 

The fact is that you are not going to convince him that he can't and he's not going to convince you that he can.