DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

WWE Raw on Monday, January 13 delivered very interesting quarter-hour TV ratings results.

There were three distinct "peak levels" in each hour of the three-hour show, including the 2014 Hall of Fame announcement. 

All ratings references below are for the key demographic of males 18-49.

- Peak #1: 2.33 rating in Q4 (end of the first hour) for the end of Big Show vs. Jack Swagger and New Age Outlaws's ring introductions before their six-man tag match with C.M. Punk against The Shield.

The actual six-man tag then dipped to a 2.24 rating in Q5 at the top of the second hour.

- Peak #2: 2.35 rating in Q7 for the Ultimate Warrior's Hall of Fame announcement, which was helped by a pre-commercial teaser.

- Peak #3: 2.39 rating in Q9 (top of the third hour) for the end of Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston and post-match injury angle involving John Cena, Sr.

- Over-Run Peak: 2.40 over-run rating for the end of the steel cage main event and Daniel Bryan dumping the Wyatts.

Raw TV Ratings Break Down (m18-49 demo

Q1: Raw opened with a 1.98 rating for the opening match of Daniel Bryan & Bray Wyatt vs. The Usos, plus one commercial.

Q2: Raw slipped to a show-low 1.95 rating for John Cena vs. Damien Sandow, plus one commercial.

Q3: Raw popped to a 2.10 rating for a filler segment - two commercial breaks and backstage segments, possibly reflecting the audience being late tuning in for Cena's match.

Q4: Raw popped again to a 2.33 rating for the end of Show-Swagger, one commercial, and the Outlaws's ring introductions.

Q5: Raw dipped to a 2.24 rating for the six-man tag and one mid-match commercial.

Q6: Raw slipped to a 2.19 rating for post-match fall-out from the Outlaws dropping Punk, one commercial, A.J. Lee & Tamina vs. Cameron & Naomi in Divas tag action, and the HOF teaser.

Q7: Raw popped to a 2.35 rating for Warrior's HOF announcement, plus one commercial.

Q8: Raw dipped to a 2.26 rating for the start of Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston, plus one commercial.

Q9: Raw increased to a 2.39 rating for the second-half of Orton vs. Kofi, the post-match angle involving Cena, Sr., and one commercial.

Q10: Raw dropped to a 2.16 rating as audience fatigue kicked in. The segment included WWE tag champs Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel, one commercial, and the first-half of an unhyped Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio match.

Q11: Raw dipped again to a 2.10 rating for the end of Rey-Del Rio, one commercial, and a WWE Network video.

Q12: Raw dipped again to a 2.01 rating for video recaps, main event ring introductions, the first half of the main event, and one commercial.

You should have at least four enemies at anyone time. Ohio, Chicago, Canada and the frozen wasteland of Wisconsin.

We really don't care about you.

Are you Canadian?

Yeah. And outside of Windsor, I don't think there's a place in the country that would consider Michigan in the top four 'enemies'. Hell, I'd put Buffalo ahead of you.

EDIT: Just realized you might have thought I was taking a shot at you as an individual. Not the case. Just took me by surprise to see my country cited as an enemy of Michigan.

WWE Raw on Monday, January 13 delivered very interesting quarter-hour TV ratings results.

There were three distinct "peak levels" in each hour of the three-hour show, including the 2014 Hall of Fame announcement. 

All ratings references below are for the key demographic of males 18-49.

- Peak #1: 2.33 rating in Q4 (end of the first hour) for the end of Big Show vs. Jack Swagger and New Age Outlaws's ring introductions before their six-man tag match with C.M. Punk against The Shield.

The actual six-man tag then dipped to a 2.24 rating in Q5 at the top of the second hour.

- Peak #2: 2.35 rating in Q7 for the Ultimate Warrior's Hall of Fame announcement, which was helped by a pre-commercial teaser.

- Peak #3: 2.39 rating in Q9 (top of the third hour) for the end of Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston and post-match injury angle involving John Cena, Sr.

- Over-Run Peak: 2.40 over-run rating for the end of the steel cage main event and Daniel Bryan dumping the Wyatts.

Numbers can be made to do wonderful things.

I was gonna say... all that and it turns out the overrun was the highest rated thing on the entire show... which it often is but nowhere in the last hour does it show that people were disinterested in the cage match. They were simply waiting for it and watching other shit in the meantime.

Also, fuck little Billy and his poor taste.

• Like 2

I was gonna say... all that and it turns out the overrun was the highest rated thing on the entire show... which it often is but nowhere in the last hour does it show that people were disinterested in the cage match. They were simply waiting for it and watching other shit in the meantime.

I'm disappointed, because Little Jimmy was right there.

You should have at least four enemies at anyone time. Ohio, Chicago, Canada and the frozen wasteland of Wisconsin.

We really don't care about you.

Are you Canadian?

Yeah. And outside of Windsor, I don't think there's a place in the country that would consider Michigan in the top four 'enemies'. Hell, I'd put Buffalo ahead of you.

EDIT: Just realized you might have thought I was taking a shot at you as an individual. Not the case. Just took me by surprise to see my country cited as an enemy of Michigan.

Enemy of Detroit pal. Detroit. You didn't know this, but The Old Man was Canadian. Rumour had it Bob Warner married a Canadian too.

Don't start that shit. Little Billy puts money in the investors pockets when he buys the shirts, dvd's, slippers, clocks, water bottles, yamaka, pillow person, etc. Way more important than the average DVDVRer that doesn't enjoy listening to Pitbull, and Ke$ha's latest hit "Timber"(which will most likely be the theme to this years Wrestlemania).