DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

I never understood wanting to get fired. Just quit. Unless you can't quit, then by all means develop a Matt Hardy gut & blowup in the ring after the first lockup.

On the other hand, if you absolutely do not want to get fired in the WWE, act like it's the only thing you want.

Regarding Ryback, from tonight's tapings for Main Event

Kofi Kingston def. Curtis Axel with a rollup. After the match, Ryback's music hit. Ryback came down, walked around the ring laughing and then walked right back up the ramp and left.

Damien Sandow def. Sin Cara. Ryback appeared again during the match and continued acting crazy at ringside.

Ryback came out again, did another lap around the ring and left.

After the final match of 3MB vs Los Matadores, Ryback appeared once again and did one more lap around the ring and left.

So would that make the Tweets a part of his new "crazy Ryback" storyline?

I feel like this Ryback twitter stuff is happening because Vince just got shown Shieky Baby's twitter account and said at the next writers meeting "God fucking dammit, this is gold! We need a PG version of it so we can get him over." before cackling for three straight hours while pouring coffee on random people's laptops and muttering about "The Kevin Nash" having "the scrambled egg tits".

BRILLIANT ORIGINAL IDEA.  EPIC WOOD.  FUCK YOU.

Is CrankyVince still active or not?  Haven't checked lately.

Aw, piss off for making me expect Ryback's twitter to turn into a Doge meme-fest.

I never understood wanting to get fired. Just quit. Unless you can't quit, then by all means develop a Matt Hardy gut & blowup in the ring after the first lockup.

Well, at least in Canada, you don't get severance pay or social assistance if you quit, if you get fired/laid off, that's a different matter.

cenaiwc_zps8bc67f68.jpg

John Cena > most of us

Maybe I'm being dense or missing something, but I don't get it.  Can someone explain it to me?

Well, at least in Canada, you don't get severance pay or social assistance if you quit, if you get fired/laid off, that's a different matter.

Same here.  However, WWE wrestlers are technically "independent contractors", they aren't eligible to receive unemployment benefits.  Are wrestlers still paid while they're under the 90 day no-complete clause?  That might be a difference?

I thought I read in an interview with an ex-WWE wrestler (can't remember who) said that you could still be working for them for up to 3 months AFTER they initially notified you that you were being released. Which doesn't make any sense to me really, but I don't know.

Anyway, Troll Ryback is the greatest thing, and I support it.

I thought I read in an interview with an ex-WWE wrestler (can't remember who) said that you could still be working for them for up to 3 months AFTER they initially notified you that you were being released. Which doesn't make any sense to me really, but I don't know.

That's why it's called "giving notice" or "being given notice", depending who initiates it.  Either side has that window in the contract to tell you you're wrapping up.  It's more of a territory holdover to allow them to wrap up angles and put people over on the way out.

Same here.  However, WWE wrestlers are technically "independent contractors", they aren't eligible to receive unemployment benefits.  Are wrestlers still paid while they're under the 90 day no-complete clause?  That might be a difference?

KC James said on Cabana's podcast that he was actually able to get Unemployment Insurance from WWE. Because the state he lived in (I think Kentucky?) said he wasn't an Independent Contractor.