DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

What I want to know is:  What possessed Cena to agree to put fucking Tensai over?

He was great in Japan and expectations were high. They clearly planned to have him in a main event or at least upper midcard spot.

Unfortunately neither crowd reactions nor what he delivered in the ring, lived up to the expectations.

So clearly Edwards and Richards were the two guys Cornette was talking about:

http://youtu.be/BQFbzUi9Tjs?t=3m37s

I like to imagine Triple H backstage yelling "Sunsetflip! Small package! Just get out of there!"

Cornette actually thinks that guys like Richards and Edwards are the ones who can "save" pro wrestling. Because you know, they are making it legit~ again.

What I want to know is:  What possessed Cena to agree to put fucking Tensai over?

He was great in Japan and expectations were high. They clearly planned to have him in a main event or at least upper midcard spot.

Unfortunately neither crowd reactions nor what he delivered in the ring, lived up to the expectations.

Wait, no one was into spitting mist on your hand before punching a guy?

I always thought Miz should've had a stable like the cast of "Entourage", with Riley as turtle, Michael cole as ari, and a washed up never-was who would constantly try to tell tales of his past successes like Johnny Drama. I would've brought back Maven to do that...

• Like 2

Wait, no one was into spitting mist on your hand before punching a guy?

The key is not looking like a prostitute about to give a spit lube handy. Tensei failed at this.

• Like 1

Anybody know what the Jericho to SEE story is on the observer?

The Winnipeg Sun, when mentioning a 3/8 house show at the MTS Centre, listed Chris Jericho as headlining the show.

According to the WWE, that story was a mistake and they are asking the newspaper to run a correction.

• Like 1

Jesse Sorensen was interviewed by Highspots last summer, which you can purchase here. Here are some highlights from the interview:

- At the hospital, Jesse's mom was freaking out about the bills, but Dixie Carter re-assured her in front of everyone that she didn't have to worry about money.

- Jesse said Dixie specifically said, "As long as I have this company, you'll always have a job." Dixie even told Jesse's mom she thought of him like her son as well. At one point Sorensen's mom referred to him as "my son," and Dixie corrected her and said, "You mean OUR son."

- Jesse could move after the first few days, but was in too much pain to walk. Out of nowhere, Kurt Angle burst into the hospital room, gave him the mother of all motivational speeches, told him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get up and go on with his life. Jesse later managed to walk down the hall to the bathroom.

- He gets the criticism about wrestling again, but says it makes him happy and you have to live life to the fullest. He admits he might be addicted to wrestling.

- When he broke his neck he was under his mom's insurance, but admits the insurance was "pretty crappy" and maxed out at $10,000.

- He paid for his MRIs, doctor appointments, cat scans and rehab himself. He said he has friends in WWE who were stunned at the situation because if they ever got hurt, they never even saw a medical bill. He said the only way his mom managed to rid herself of the bills was to file for bankruptcy.

- TNA's response to his complaints about medical costs was to give him a production job that paid decently. Jesse denies it was a lot of money though, especially compared to guys like Hogan.

- He got fired and said the company seemed taken aback by the massive negative reaction. Dixie called Sorensen after the "Ask Dixie" stuff flared up and asked him if they could release a joint statement saying the release was 100% amicable and he asked to be let go to pursue other things. He said no and told her to just let it blow over. His mom was furious at Dixie for even asking.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0111/569149/jesse-sorensen-talks-crazy-favor-that-dixie-requested-after-his/#hgu2dPYrRohILIe1.99

I demand a TV show where Kurt Angle screams at/motivates seriously injured people.

"Sir, I have to tell you, this situation is hopeless. Your wife has been in a coma for 16 years. She's shown no signs of improvement. It might be time to consider pulling the plug..."

*Kurt Angle breaks through the wall, in his wrestling gear*

"Get your lazy ass up! If I won a gold medal with a broken frikking neck, you can wake up from that coma!"

*woman's eyes fly open and she sits up*

• Like 5

I demand a TV show where Kurt Angle screams at/motivates seriously injured people.

"Sir, I have to tell you, this situation is hopeless. Your wife has been in a coma for 16 years. She's shown no signs of improvement. It might be time to consider pulling the plug..."

"Get your lazy ass up! If I won a gold medal with a broken frikking neck, you can wake up from that coma!"

That is pretty much exactly how I was picturing it.

Maven recounting the time he faced Triple H for the World Title on RAW non-stop would have been excellent.

"Bro, the time me and 'Taker tore the house down after I eliminated him in the Rumble...."

Kurt Angle: Motivational Speaker

Coming this fall to NBC

The biggest problem with Miz as a top guy is he just looks like a boy playing in a man's world.  A comparison to Tully Blanchard doesn't work at all cause Blanchard looked like a guy who'd seen some shit and done some shit and looked credible in the ring and on the mic.  Whenever Miz talks it sounds like he's actually trying to convince himself that he's as big a star as he's saying he is and in the ring he looks like he's going to blow up due to nervousness.

He's fine as a midcard heel but above that, he just doesn't have the credibility or the talent to pull it off.

So, I saw a post or respnse somewhere around these parts within the last few weeks that said that blading should be "left in the past where it belongs." So, where do you stand? Is blading an old fashioned wrasslin' parlor trick that should be left to fade away? Personally, I think that's crazy talk. A well placed blood spot can bring BIG drama when it's not over done.

Hell, I considered blading myself while typing this...

• Like 2

I've never had a problem with blading if it's used sparingly, so I hate to abolish it, but.....  the health risks are such as to make it a needless risk for the wrestlers and a large company like WWE or NJPW risks backlash from sponsors, who may not want their products associated with that image.

Probably best to let the practice fade away.