DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Went to Booker T's Reality of Wrestling show tonight. RVD was there doing a meet and greet. I would be surprised if he's coming back soon, because he's looking pretty chubby these days. Stevie Ray was also there, and he looks EXACTLY like he did when he was an active wrestler, right down to the hairstyle. I guess it's true what they say: Black don't crack.

I remember Dave wondering a couple weeks ago why Ryback was using his real name for his twitter following.  

Has anyone ever actually proven that they were "hacked" on twitter when they said controversial stuff?

Don't think Booker T ever had to prove it, but it was fairly obvious to everyone he was telling the truth when he got hacked, due to the non-stop racial slurs and other obscenities. 

I remember Dave wondering a couple weeks ago why Ryback was using his real name for his twitter following.  

Has anyone ever actually proven that they were "hacked" on twitter when they said controversial stuff?

Don't think Booker T ever had to prove it, but it was fairly obvious to everyone he was telling the truth when he got hacked, due to the non-stop racial slurs and other obscenities.

Then he said "Hulk Hogan, we comin' for YOU" and things just went bad...

• Like 1

I just read a wrestling column on the nerd culture blog Topless Robot that suggested WWE wants to bring in the guys from Duck Dynasty to challenge the Wyatts at WrestleMania. I'm speechless, but I'll be damned if it probably hasn't crossed their minds at least once. Although, with the Phil Robertson anti-gay remarks recently, I doubt that would happen now. But, still, it was a funny suggestion.

They love Wade Barrett in England?

We take care of our own

(Except DJ Gabriel, we left him to dance his way to nowhere)

Wade looked like such a big deal having over 10,000 people cheer him on. Sigh.. To think he did nothing in 2013 other than tap like a bitch the Miz. :(

And that's what DJ gets. A male dancing Brit? Leave that shit for Layla or Girls Out Loud or someone else that's hot.

So let me try to understand this... The American wolves work a next match, Davey burns his ROH & NOAH bridges to work said match. Eddie Edwards wrestles his final ROH match because he got "signed" with Davey. Then reports come out that the E has no interest in signing the wolves because of a botch spot and not going home early after Triple H said so, so... WTF started all those rumors? Davey?

So last night I had dinner with the inlaws, and Hillary's mom kept talking about an article in the local Upstate NY paper about a pro wrestler who bucks the trend and is an intellectual, not just some jock. She couldn't remember the name, so she dug out the article and it was Damien Sandow, not breaking kayfabe in the slightest. It was pretty tremendous.

I got to explain to the inlaws what 'working the marks' means.

• Like 6

Went to Evolve show tonight in Orlando and it was really good if you like that type of wrestling. Uhaa Nation is a beast  and should be in the big leauges. TNA should sign him. I liked the Fox/Uhaa vs Gargano/Davis and Lince Dorado/Caleb Konley matches. Gargano seems to be the only true heel in Evolve except for Larry Dallas and the Bravados. Hero/Nesse and the main event were disappointing. Both followed the Uhaa match and couldn't match up. The Hero match had a lot of mat work which is fine but not on this show. Oh and Maxwell Chicago is awesome and needs to team with Santino. Finally got to see Tim Zybisco wrestle and he's not bad.

Bunch of WWE/NXT guys were in the audience too. Xavier Woods i recognized for sure. He was marking out bro.

Wait a minute... should he be in the big leagues or should TNA sign him? Which is it? You can't have both.

• Like 4

I saw the Bravado's in that No DQ match (was at that show too). I thought they did a good job there as well.

The Dark match for Evolve 25 had this huge black dude named "Moose" who I haven't seen before. He gave a guy a spear that when he hit it it looked like he did a front roll/flip? Either way, it was awesome.

But yeah, Uhaa is awesome. 

I had heard the name before somewhere and finally looked it up.  Moose!

Yup, that's him. Shaved head now.

So last night I had dinner with the inlaws, and Hillary's mom kept talking about an article in the local Upstate NY paper about a pro wrestler who bucks the trend and is an intellectual, not just some jock. She couldn't remember the name, so she dug out the article and it was Damien Sandow, not breaking kayfabe in the slightest. It was pretty tremendous.

I got to explain to the inlaws what 'working the marks' means.

Never break Kayfabe to outsiders.

• Like 1

Plus they know people are going to find a way to rip it and it's going to hit the torrent sites. Putting out everything all at one time would be kind of silly because I think their ability to stop people from ripping stuff will evolve over time.

No, it won't. Any video can be ripped or at worst screen recorded.

Plus they know people are going to find a way to rip it and it's going to hit the torrent sites. Putting out everything all at one time would be kind of silly because I think their ability to stop people from ripping stuff will evolve over time.

No, it won't. Any video can be ripped or at worst screen recorded.

I'm going to make it my personal mission to report any and all pirated videos after the network launches. If this fails because a bunch if cheap mingebag wrestling fans won't stump up $10 a month I'll be so mad.

• Like 1

so if we're following the WWE's rules for minority superstars, Uhaa will show up as either Kofi Kingston's cousin, or Kofi Kingston's old enemy from West Africa?

or he'll debut as "Small E Langston"

they can write it "small e langston" like the poet, e e cummings