DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

I don't think it's really sunken in how completely awesome this would all be if everything they have said is true.  I've been a subscriber to Classics on Demand for years and it's pretty nuts that they want to give me 100x more content plus live PPVs for an extra $2 a month.  It's really weird that WWE is so good on overpricing everything, yet undervalues their video library.  But shit, I'm not going to complain.

The Wii is conspicuous by its absence from the list of supported devices.

Is that a surprise?  The Wii-U has barely sold 4 million units in over a year.

Yes, Wii sales are probably down, what with every household in the developed world already owning a Wii. I don't see why that would dissuade WWE from supporting the platform.

I'm hoping we get a War Games show out of this since it's a less risky endeavor now that it won't be exclusive to PPV. Even though I realize the match itself will probably be a failure because A. there will be no blood, and B. no Arn setting the pace for everyone else.

I'm hoping we get a War Games show out of this since it's a less risky endeavor now that it won't be exclusive to PPV. Even though I realize the match itself will be a failure because A. there will be no blood, and B. no Arn setting the pace for everyone else.

I'm really hoping that since the WWE network has parental supervision on it, that once in a while they'll give us a PPV with a TV-14 rating, and it's up to the parents to use discretion.  I think we've reached the point where blood has been so absent for so long that it would mean a lot now.

I'm hoping we get a War Games show out of this since it's a less risky endeavor now that it won't be exclusive to PPV. Even though I realize the match itself will be a failure because A. there will be no blood, and B. no Arn setting the pace for everyone else.

I'm really hoping that since the WWE network has parental supervision on it, that once in a while they'll give us a PPV with a TV-14 rating, and it's up to the parents to use discretion.  I think we've reached the point where blood has been so absent for so long that it would mean a lot now.

I thought the lack of blood at this point was more for a health issue more than a PG one.

I think there will be two main consequences of the network. First, house shows will eventually be streamed live. Maybe just certain big ones at first, or ones on a certain night, but it will happen.

Next, PPVs will lose importance from a booking perspective as they become a smaller part of their revenue stream.

Put these two things together, and I think there could be some exciting possibilities. Maybe we see more In Your House type shows. Maybe we see more mid-card feuds given time as they try to draw people to house shows. Maybe we see more things like a traditional Survivor Series show or a King of the Ring tournament since there won't be pressure to overuse John Cena to goose buy rates. Maybe Survivor Series becomes the Thanksgiving Eve Spectacular again. Reducing PPV as a revenue stream really allows them more creative freedom, and hopefully it is something they take advantage of under HHH.

• Like 1

This is great. They really thought it through ahead of time. $10 per month of all of that? I'll do that, thanks. I just have to find a way to hide the bill from Mrs. Ulator.

I wonder what this is going to do to their stock price. It's doubled over the price of a year. It's really jumped since September, too. Is that because of the TV deal? I haven't followed their stock at all. I wonder if expectations for what the online version would look like has been priced in already.

Either way, they have my money.

Everyone has already said it, but ten bucks a month for all that content...wow. Between that, Netflix, Crackle, PBS, and Nick Reboot, I pretty much have all the entertainment that I will ever need on my television. It's cutting out one lunch a month for me if I really want to make sure that I balance my budget. Total no-brainer.

I am watching all 1997 RAWs as soon as I get this thing.

I think there will be two main consequences of the network. First, house shows will eventually be streamed live. Maybe just certain big ones at first, or ones on a certain night, but it will happen.

I'd actually be pretty cool if they did a show like the old 80's MSG/Boston Garden regional TV house shows.  It doesn't even have to be live, just a skeleton camera and announce crew.

I've already talked to two people tonight that are getting this who both order maybe one PPV a year. This is amazing. The price and the content...just incredible. Now, I've heard the number thrown around of them needing 1,000,000 subscribers for this to pay off but is that factoring in that they don't actually receive your $60 for a PPV? It's divided with the cable companies. Isn't this them cutting out the middle man?

This is just about as expensive as the NHL Gamecenter.

I told my wife about this. Here were her questions:

"So it's like the NHL thing?"

"Yes."

"Will Emma be on it?"

"Yes."

"What about that creepy guy who talks shit really well?"

"Dean Ambrose?"

"Yeah! I like him. Will Dubby Rose be on it?"

"Yes honey, Dusty will be on it."

"Sounds cool."

I love my wife.

Everyone is congratulating you, but I have to be the fucker who put your wife in a corner for call Mr Rhodes "dubby rose" NEVER DISRESPECT A LEGEND!

• Like 1

Man, if I could go back in time and tell eight-year-old me, "So, in a few years, you will be able to see every show from WWF, WCW, and some wrestling companies that you haven't even heard of yet as often as you want for ten dollars a month," eight-year-old me would have flipped his shit. Sort of like I'm doing now. This is something I dreamed of as a kid.

I hope they eventually just drop every NWA/WCW Worldwide on there because Worldwide from like '89-'94 is one of my one or two favorite weekly shows ever.