DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

No one else just does a simple power bomb right? They have the triple power bomb. Why can't he just do a simple one?

I guess Cena does now and again.

Didn't Harry Smith put out there that the WWE doesn't really want guys using power bombs?

With the news(Z?) that Dolph Ziggler got another substantial concussion on Main Event, you gotta wonder if he's next out the door. If I were him, after the way the last 6 months have gone, I'd need someone in the office to make a REAL GOOD case as to why I should stay...

With the news(Z?) that Dolph Ziggler got another substantial concussion on Main Event, you gotta wonder if he's next out the door. If I were him, after the way the last 6 months have gone, I'd need someone in the office to make a REAL GOOD case as to why I should stay...

I don't know why so many people think 2013 was a shitty year for Ziggles. He always had to be paired with a chick to get a feud that wasn't just exchanging pins with Kofi. He has never been the focus of ANY of his feuds. If anything, that WHC win was just a "Thanks for everything, champ. Now go back to what you were doing." kinda thing. Hell, if he didn't get concussed, he would have just lost the title sooner.

The dude wasn't meant to be anything but a bump bitch, and the lack of improvement in other areas for the guy proves this. Does he have interesting offense? Can he command the crowd's attention when he speaks? You can't learn presence, but he doesn't have that either. His wrestling style of "bounce own head off mat" was bound to catch up sooner than later.

• Like 2

I disagree. I think he has charisma by the boatload. You may be right about him not being the focus of his feuds, but that can be attributed as much to crap writing as his own shortcomings. Crowds were molten for the guy at points last year, especially during his cash-in phase. Ziggler has been misused to the point where his best option might be to go away for a while...

• Like 2

I can kinda get why he was upset, but what sort of idiot thinks that shooting on a guy in a worked match, then "leaving" with the belt is a good plan?

Also, he had barely been in the company, wasn't really an important guy, and had already given notice.  What advantage would their have been to putting him over (or at least, not making him job)?

Mark!

I don't have too much to say about Kaitlyn's release. I felt she had the potential to be a pretty good character if they had allowed her to be herself. Big E has fallen into the same situation. I know people are going to tell me "he's winning matches! he has a belt!" but I firmly believe in a year or so he will be pushed back down the ladder. They are giving him nothing to say right now. I'm a big believer that if someone like Kaitlyn or Big E has a funny personality they should be utilizing that. Kaitlyn improved in the ring over the last year too.

Maybe it has something to do with her engagement. Remember when Naomi said on Total Divas that management wants the divas to seem "available"?  I totally buy that. If it's a diva on Total Divas, it's going to be fine to discuss your relationships because WWE can exploit that. Kaitlyn wasn't involved in the show so I wouldn't be surprised if a couple people in creative were like "We can't do anything with her now!"

I disagree. I think he has charisma by the boatload. You may be right about him not being the focus of his feuds, but that can be attributed as much to crap writing as his own shortcomings. Crowds were molten for the guy at points last year, especially during his cash-in phase. Ziggler has been misused to the point where his best option might be to go away for a while...

That fucking post WM crowd tried to make Fandago happen too.

That fucking post WM crowd tried to make Fandago happen too.

Then a week later the WWE tried to force a new meme down everyones throats. Which pretty much killed all of his momentum.