DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Not sure if this is common knowledge but there are a shit ton of WWE DVDs and BluRays being sold at some of the Wal-Marts for $5 each.  And I'm not talking about the "dig through the shitty DVDs" box to find one or two, but an actual section devoted to clearing out older DVDs.  There were at least 25-30 different titles at the one I was at.  Mostly docs, best of comps, and B-level PPVs.  No WrestleManias and nothing from the last two years (I think Elimination Chamber 2012 was the newest.)

Not sure if this is common knowledge but there are a shit ton of WWE DVDs and BluRays being sold at some of the Wal-Marts for $5 each.  And I'm not talking about the "dig through the shitty DVDs" box to find one or two, but an actual section devoted to clearing out older DVDs.  There were at least 25-30 different titles at the one I was at.  Mostly docs, best of comps, and B-level PPVs.  No WrestleManias and nothing from the last two years (I think Elimination Chamber 2012 was the newest.)

FYE did something similar recently.  I actively avoid Walmart, but I would make the trip up there if not for my current employment situation.

"Big Daddy Yum Yum" is Byron Willcott, who works pretty regularly in the Houston area. It's sort of a heel ladies man gimmick, but I think it's suppposed to be vaguely ironic. He's actually not too bad in the ring, and he's fairly charismatic. NWA Houston and New Japan have a working relationship now, as they copromoted a show here a few months ago. I guess they're going to ne swapping talent regularly, too.

EDIT: Chester is also right--same guy, different name and gear.

Explain to me something since I haven't been watching current WWE much lately.  Why exactly is Daniel Bryan with the Wyatts?  Has he been brainwashed?  I don't ever remember hearing him losing a match with a stip saying he had to join.

Here's why:

To make sure this never happens again:

• Like 1

Goldberg is seriously the only guy to ever make the spear look lethal.

His one contribution to wrestling is that it gave all the football guys and meatheads (and also Edge) this killer move that was better than those tumble drills that used to pass for the equivelant 10 years prior.

Just imagine what a better place the world would have been if the spear was available to Dr. Death, Ron Simmons or Jim Duggan in their primes rather than the weaker-looking variations they used.

• Like 1

so when Jimmy Hart had the WCW musical "book" for a bit in 97, he knocked off a bunch of currentish songs for WCW themes. Not sure which recent stuff would be good enough to be knocked off if they did that again.

But this instrumental version of Antichrist Superstar sounds like it'd be a WWE theme song for someone doing a Bull Buchanan gimmick

A site that isn't the Observer posted a story credited to the Observer in which they said WWE's stock had doubled over the last year. Is it true the McMahons are almost billionaires again?

Yeah it was at 8 at start of last year, it's at 15.8 right now. Has risen recently based on speculation on their new TV deals.

• Like 1

A site that isn't the Observer posted a story credited to the Observer in which they said WWE's stock had doubled over the last year. Is it true the McMahons are almost billionaires again?

so they're about to blow some more money on the next WBF/XFL/Linda campaign?

Xtreme Basketball League! teams in NY/Chicago/LA, and in Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincy/St Louis/Seattle/Kansas City/Las Vegas

so they're about to blow some more money on the next WBF/XFL/Linda campaign?

Xtreme Basketball League! teams in NY/Chicago/LA, and in Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincy/St Louis/Seattle/Kansas City/Las Vegas

Bodybuilding Football League, by the 2nd week every single player has tore a muscle.