DVDVR Message Board

January 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

So happy for the Swans. After Blackpool got relegated I decided to support them and its been a good run. A Capital One cup last year and beating Man U at Old Trafford without Dyer in the FA Cup is fantastic. Laudrup has done an outstanding job.

Interesting article:

German club is suing FIFA (in European Court) to declare that "Training compensation" for signing other clubs young players is a transfer fee, and as such, illegal under European Law regarding free employment

It's being supported by the folks at FIFPro (the international players union), who are filing lawsuits in Europe against the whole transfer fees system, claiming that a player should be able to hand his employers notice that he's quitting, and after a nominal period, be a "free agent", basically "Void contracts at will"

Now, that's a worst-case scenario, but if it happened, hoo boy, footy as we know it is OVER.

Former Germany international Thomas Hitzlsperger (31 / 52 caps) came out today. Oh, us Germans always following the trends the US set.
Hitzlsperger played for Stuttgart in the Bundesliga and I think for a couple of BPL/EPL clubs aswell - was it Villa and West Ham? Anyway, the move gets major positive reactions, which is good atm I guees.

Let´s hope for a future where sexual orientation doensn´t matter in sports.

UK version of #struggleface

Edit: Anything Nottingham Forest can do, Man City can do better. If a 5-0 drubbing cost AVB his job, two straight can't be good for Big Sam.

Are the Hammers that desperate to play Millwall in the Championship next season?

This is one of those games where you feel sorry for the other team's fans. Go on the road in mid-week and wind up on the business end of a 6-0 scoreline that FLATTERS your side.

UK version of #struggleface

Edit: Anything Nottingham Forest can do, Man City can do better. If a 5-0 drubbing cost AVB his job, two straight can't be good for Big Sam.

Are the Hammers that desperate to play Millwall in the Championship next season?

Not only that, they could be playing The Orient in the Championship too.

i07sXRDKz8T5U.gif

Manchester United players raise concerns over David Moyes credentials.

Six years, though. Let us not forget how long it took their last manager to settle, too.

I'm trying to be patient, but the numbers, as well as rumblings that both the Captain and Vice-Captain are leaving in the summer, with Vidic being the whole lynchpin of the defense, as well as the face that Moyes' staff changes, and um, yeah.

His costume was meant to be the Jäger-suicide-bomber. Either way he's a stupid twat. If I was getting paid those amounts to play in the epl, I wouldn't drink alcohol or wear stupid fancy dress costumes, sign me up Moyes! (How bad can I be? Seriously, Sunderland?)