DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Now that I have some disposable income I weigh up the pros and cons of smarting up my phone every so often and Ridiculous Fishing is always the biggest pro I can think of.

Buy one from a burn phone company and never turn on the data plan. s'like $80 with no contract. although that's not a great option if you're looking for iOS stuff.

Guest The Magnificent 7

After seeing your post and some of JT's comments i think in the Destiny thread I googled the group.  Sound like a bunch of A-holes, but I was wondering about the obsession they have with this Sony exec.

This Forbes article says beyond the airplane threat they posted a picture of his Dad's gravestone.  That's a double-whammy of beyond the paleness, but I haven't found anything on why they don't like this guy so much.  Surely people investigating this can get some leads out of that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/27/fbi-hunted-hacking-group-continues-attacks-targets-twitch/

Guest The Magnificent 7

Well I started Halo:  The Master Chief Collection with Halo: CE (the first one).  Been forever since I played it, and it's kind of weird with the new graphics.  The glorious pistol, for instance, isn't stainless shiny like the OG graphics.  You can switch on the fly with the press of a button between the OG graphics and the updated ones.  Kind of miss the old graphics and textures.  But I'm going to play with the new ones on.  Also, I couldn't have been the only one to melee smash grunts after big firefights to see their blue blood splatter over the ground with multiple hits as a warning to those Covenant fucks not to underestimate the Master Chief amiright?  Well that's gone with the new graphics.  Kind of a bummer.

Still, awesome fun reliving that Halo campaign so far. 

I tried Dead Space 3 last night and it most definitely falls into the category of things that are Not For Me.  Glad I didn't pay for it.

My PS4 gets in tomorrow so I have to try and unfuck my Diablo 3 save file before it does so I can transfer it over.

I've just finished Splinter Cell HD. I'm amazed at how much of the game and routes and tricks I remembered due to ceaseless and enduring repetition from when I first played it in 2002(?) like it was muscle memory. Bizarre. Graphics are really fucking good too... which makes the shitty cut scenes look really bad. If you're gonna upscale a game upscale the whole damn thing!

News just broke that Microsoft is actually the PUBLISHER for Rise of the Tomb Raider. So the chances of seeing it on PS4 ever just took a big hit. Commence rage of the Sony Ponies.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Microsoft is either publisher of, or has an interest in, Zen Pinball and it appears on the PS3/PS4 line.

So I played a little bit of Smash Wii U last night, and more Mario 3D World.  Why do Raccoon Mario, Tanuki Mario and even Rabbit Mario seem perfectly rational, but the Penguin and Cat versions from modern games seem frickin' weird?  Having a little trouble with Smash, the stick on both the Wii U Gamepad and the Classic Controller (the one that plugs into the oldschool Wiimote) feel a little loose compared to the disc pad on the 3DS.

God damn do I wish Genesis and Turbo games on the Wii VC had done better. I would HAPPILY pay $10 to get Rondo of Blood or Devil's Crush on this thing.

I got my PS4 last night.  I mostly just played Diablo, which looks frigging gorgeous compared to the PS3 version.  Transferring characters was a breeze, and whatever they changed in the last patch made my Demon Hunter much more deadly.  They clearly boosted the hell out of drop rates, too, as I got 4 legendaries in about an hour of play.  I also messed with Lego Batman 3 a bit, which is definitely a Lego game.

I really need to get Dragon Age, but I can't justify spending more money on myself this close to Christmas.

• Like 1

Origin game of the month

We've all spent countless hours building the perfect city in the classic SimCity 2000. Now, it's time to spend hundreds more.

SimCity 2000 is On the House, get your free copy now:http://bit.ly/1z32oae

The only problem is that Origin uses DOSBox and its a fucking pain to get it configured right.