DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Beat DuckTales Remastered on Easy (because I grew frustrated on Medium). Geez....the game has beautiful and stylish graphics but the gameplay can be really bad at times. The original NES version is a lot better gameplay wise actually.

And whoever designed the last level in Remastered....ugh.

I'd be curious to hear your take on the remake/remaster of Castle of Illusion.

For whatever reason, I pre-ordered that on PSN for the sole purpose of playing the Genesis version on my HDTV. I'll have to get back with you on that.

How's the gameplay for Dante's Inferno? Thinking about picking that up. Is it a bunch of button mashing?

Very easy to Platinum or 1000/1000....it's basically God of War but with a Crusader instead of a Spartan.

Cool. Is it a lot of button mashing or is it more nuanced I guess is the word I'm looking for?

If you're looking for "nuanced"character action games, I think you'll prefer these:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Bayonetta

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Killer is Dead

Thanks. Metal Gear is a series I've been thinking of getting into as well.

So far my only real beef with Path of Exile is that the instances reset way too quickly. Especailly for a game that gives you a "spawn new instance" option at a keystroke. Like, I was clearing out the second level of some dungeon, walked back up to the first level to get to a waypoint... and no. A whole new instance is spawned I'd have to cut through. That's stupid.

Other than that, it's great.

So far my only real beef with Path of Exile is that the instances reset way too quickly. Especailly for a game that gives you a "spawn new instance" option at a keystroke. Like, I was clearing out the second level of some dungeon, walked back up to the first level to get to a waypoint... and no. A whole new instance is spawned I'd have to cut through. That's stupid.

It's also quite random. The game claims 8 - 15 minutes empty, but I've seen everything from 5 to 30.

Thank you all about the heads up regarding 4 Swords.

I had never played it and my son had started asking me about Zelda games literally two days ago - so I am more than thrilled to use this to introduce him to them.

Of course - I got so fucking frustrated this morning at the usual 8424 hoops Nintendo requires you to jump through to download something.

Thank you all about the heads up regarding 4 Swords.

I had never played it and my son had started asking me about Zelda games literally two days ago - so I am more than thrilled to use this to introduce him to them.

Of course - I got so fucking frustrated this morning at the usual 8424 hoops Nintendo requires you to jump through to download something.

Link's Awakening is a logical next step. I thought it was ridiculously easy on my last playthrough (compared to when I was like, ten or whatever), but it was still a pretty awesome Zelda game.

Just a little venting: My buddy and I have a legacy going on NCAA 14. I text him last night because we are matched against each other this week and wanted to set up when we can play. He texts back and says he can no longer play it because his PS3 crapped out on him, so he upgraded to a PS4.

I hate being broke.

Anyways I have been trying to mow down my backlog and I'm playing Uncharted 2. I sig the action sequences in it and it has a pretty good story.

Dead Island is the XBOX free with Gold game for the first half of the month

I am an idiot - it took me till this month to realize their pattern is "Big Release Game" is the first half title and then the 2nd game is always a Marketplace game.

I am an idiot - it took me till this month to realize their pattern is "Big Release Game" is the first half title and then the 2nd game is always a Marketplace game.

Why the hell don't they do Dead Island 2? Just like when they did a Gears of War game, why the hell did they do the one that is 7 years old??? Playstation Plus is blowing them out of the fucking water with free games.

Why the hell don't they do Dead Island 2? Just like when they did a Gears of War game, why the hell did they do the one that is 7 years old??? Playstation Plus is blowing them out of the fucking water with free games.

Because Microsoft really is clueless and greedy.

Why u no more Fallout?

I did finish it. I think I missed a bunch of stuff in San Francisco because I just went straight into Kill the Totally Not Scientologists Hubologists, so I never touched their stuff. Guns take a real serious jump up at the end there once you get a Gauss Rifle.

If I have one complaint, I don't really think they did a good enough job setting up The Enclave before you get there. I get the idea. The Enclave are a mysterious superpower. But they were a little *too* mysterious for me.

Being able to talk that one Enclave scientist into unleashing the virus on his own people like 10 seconds after you meet him without having to run a quest is pretty weak too. Then again, this is why I worked my speech up to 100 I suppose.

Who is Frank Horrigan? Why is he the end boss? Why are The Enclave working with a mutant if they hate all mutants? That was a little random.

It's a great game where you get to do a ton of random stuff in a really creative and interesting world, then there's an okay end chapter that's a little more on the rails. I just wish there was a chapter in the middle that linked them a little better.

It's a great game though, I will play through it again at some point with a vastly different approach. Maybe more of a hand to hand character, who walks around, meets people, gets into adventures. Like Caine from Kung Fu.

Why u no more Fallout?

I did finish it. I think I missed a bunch of stuff in San Francisco because I just went straight into Kill the Totally Not Scientologists Hubologists, so I never touched their stuff. Guns take a real serious jump up at the end there once you get a Gauss Rifle.

If I have one complaint, I don't really think they did a good enough job setting up The Enclave before you get there. I get the idea. The Enclave are a mysterious superpower. But they were a little *too* mysterious for me.

Being able to talk that one Enclave scientist into unleashing the virus on his own people like 10 seconds after you meet him without having to run a quest is pretty weak too. Then again, this is why I worked my speech up to 100 I suppose.

Who is Frank Horrigan? Why is he the end boss? Why are The Enclave working with a mutant if they hate all mutants? That was a little random.

It's a great game where you get to do a ton of random stuff in a really creative and interesting world, then there's an okay end chapter that's a little more on the rails. I just wish there was a chapter in the middle that linked them a little better.

It's a great game though, I will play through it again at some point with a vastly different approach. Maybe more of a hand to hand character, who walks around, meets people, gets into adventures. Like Caine from Kung Fu.

Yeah there's a bunch of Enclave you missed apparently. Play it again, I won't tell nuthin'!

• Like 1