DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

That's directed by the guy that helmed Absentia.  WWE had the good taste to turn Oculus: Chapter 3 into a feature length movie? I am all in.

Just to reiterate they had ZERO to do with making the movie. This is their new strategy, which is find movies that don't have a distributor and partner up to promote it to their demographic for monies.

What I find interesting is that I've seen comments on horror sites about people who were totally turned off when the logo came up, which is dumb, but a reality nonetheless. 

That's directed by the guy that helmed Absentia.  WWE had the good taste to turn Oculus: Chapter 3 into a feature length movie? I am all in.

Just to reiterate they had ZERO to do with making the movie. This is their new strategy, which is find movies that don't have a distributor and partner up to promote it to their demographic for monies.

What I find interesting is that I've seen comments on horror sites about people who were totally turned off when the logo came up, which is dumb, but a reality nonetheless. 

Those dumb people are probably horror amateurs.  Absentia and the Ocululs short film were pretty good and this looks far more polished than anything previous.

Speaking of upcoming horror movies I'm jazzed about, fresh from Sundance:

which just got a wide distributor in IFC Midnight, the horror / thriller division of IFC Films.

Except, he then goes through with it quite willingly after killing the girl.

Golden Gun might be the exact demarcation line between good and bad Bond.

But spy and for your eyes only are after that. I think Eyes is the best Moore movie, although live and golden gun have some fun kitsch in them.

Thanks for this. Was wondering whether or not it would play at AMC. My theater is only five minutes away.

Rumored designs for the new Ninja Turtles movie. I would be fine with these.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93587

I like Shredder's design. Not big on the turtles though they aren't the worst thing ever.

They look great. I knew they'd be wearing different outfits to set them apart, but what I didn't expect was them having completely different builds from one another. That's so much better than the original proposed Bay idea that each of them would be different species of Turtles, as well as aliens. Now what fans really have to worry about is how they'll be presented. Will they be 100% the main focus of the story like they are in all forms of media they've been presented in the past and present, or will they be hollow characters spouting random lines before a big confusing action set piece like Bay's Transformers.

Thanks to really strong DVD sales - there apparently is going to be a 4th Riddick movie (at least that is what Vin Diesel told his Facebook followers)

I could not find a copy of the Unrated Director's Cut of Riddick at any local store during 804 Snowpocalypse parts One and Two.  You would have had an easier time finding bread, milk, or toilet paper.

You could burn piles of copies of Man of Steel if you were cold and needed warmth, though.