DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Trailer is up for The Raid 2.

Scrolling quickly past this I swear I thought it said:

Trailer up for RAD 2.

After realizing my mistake and throwing out my now ruined pants, I'm ready to accept that I was mistaken.

GODDAMMIT!

RAD as in The Karate Kid: BMX Version?  I haven't seen that movie in years.  I imagine it's one of those movies you were in awe of as a kid, but you watched it today you'd be, "I sure was easy to please when I was twelve."

The Grace of Monaco - which was the Princess Grace biopic starring Nicole Kidman has been totally scrapped by The Weinstein Company

"Grace of Monaco," the Princess Grace biopic starring Nicole Kidman, has been pulled from the Weinstein Company's release schedule, the studio said Thursday.

TWC had originally set a Nov. 27 limited release to qualify it for this year's Academy Awards, but the story of Grace Kelly's transition from actress to princess has been pushed to this year to allow for the film's completion.  A final version has yet to be delivered, the studio said, so TWC instead will release the British dramedy "One Chance" on that weekend.

"Grace of Monaco" is directed by Olivier Dahan ("La Vie en Rose") and co-stars Tim Roth, Parker Posey, Paz Vega, Frank Langella and Derek Jacobi.

Dahan blasted TWC' chief Harvey Weinstein after the film was initially pushed last year, saying that the cuts he suggested were solely to make the film more commercial, and the latest development suggests there is a standoff.

"There are two versions of the film for now: mine and his ... " the director told the French newspaper Liberation at that time, "which I find catastrophic."

Shot in France, Italy and Monaco last Autumn, the film focuses on a period in 1962 when De Gaulle established an economic blockade on the small principality over its status as a tax haven.

RAD as in The Karate Kid: BMX Version?  I haven't seen that movie in years.  I imagine it's one of those movies you were in awe of as a kid, but you watched it today you'd be, "I sure was easy to please when I was twelve."

I'm just outraged Hal Needham didn't when the Irving Thalberg Oscar until after he died. 

He is getting it this year, right?

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Horror - Check

WWE Film - Check

Karen Gillan and Katee Sackhoff - Check and Check

It's like this movie was made specifically for this board

• Like 2

That was at TIFF last year.  Heard it was good, with characters that are much smarter than in a normal horror movie, though you wouldn't really know it from that trailer.  I assume WWE got in on it after it was already made?  There don't seem to be any wrestlers in it.

That was at TIFF last year.  Heard it was good, with characters that are much smarter than in a normal horror movie, though you wouldn't really know it from that trailer.  I assume WWE got in on it after it was already made?  There don't seem to be any wrestlers in it.

Correct. They got in on it after TIFF with Relativity and Blumhouse Productions to distribute it. Their only role in this is basically promoting it on their billion hours of content.

Mirage Men: It definitely falls into what I would call a modern documentary formula. It's a UFO thing so it by nature will neither raise, nor answer anything conclusively. Still drank whisky and watched it. I'm gonna watch this Chinese Coffee movie that's been just'a'sittin' upon my computer.

Went to see Gravity last night on a rerelease last night(I generally am at least six months behind the curve on most pop culture stuff). It was fucking awesome(duh), but the trailers before hand were the drizziling shits for the most part. Liam Neeson as a federal marshall on a transatlantic flight plagued by terrorists(and of course being somehow framed at the same time?) CHECK. Kevin Costner as a hitman, caring for his estranged daughter while being on "one last job"? CHECK.  Johnny Depp in some convoluted computer thriller where he becomes GOD(or close to it anyway) CHECK. Oh well. At least the previews give the whole plot away so I never have to watch them, as usual. On the bright side I got to see the latest trailer for the new Xmen movie. . . .

You'd think these bad guys would realize by now that they really should leave Liam Neeson alone.

Come on, they haven't even gotten the message about fucking with James Bond after 50 years.  Don't give movie bad guys too much credit.

You'd think these bad guys would realize by now that they really should leave Liam Neeson alone.

Come on, they haven't even gotten the message about fucking with James Bond after 50 years.  Don't give movie bad guys too much credit.

They did a good job with that plot point in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (under-rated)...where the whole idea that Christopher Lee is trying to initiate a feud with Bond turns out to be his assistant instigating it because she thinks Bond is the only man who might rescue her while in Reality Lee doesn't want anything to do with Bond.

Except, he then goes through with it quite willingly after killing the girl.

Golden Gun might be the exact demarcation line between good and bad Bond.

But hasn't Bond gotten whiff of that sun-ray thingy already?  By that time, Lee doesn't really have a choice in the matter.

That movie is saved by the scene at the Sumo match.  Lee is so great there.  He's actually a pretty likeable villain.

Lee was fantastic in the movie. Bond is after the chip Lee stole, but doesn't know about the sun laser thing until Lee lies him in by kidnapping Mary Goodnight. Intentionally letting Bond to his island lair to test against another great killer.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Horror - Check

WWE Film - Check

Karen Gillan and Katee Sackhoff - Check and Check

It's like this movie was made specifically for this board

That's directed by the guy that helmed Absentia.  WWE had the good taste to turn Oculus: Chapter 3 into a feature length movie? I am all in.