DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

The real mystery for me was why the teenage mutant ninja turtles even bothered wearing masks.

It's, like, hello, you're a giant turtle. Mask or not, people will recognize you. 

I love that their public disguise was Guys in Shadowy Glasses and Long Trenchcoats. Because that's not conspicuous at all. They wouldn't be able to walk onto a sidewalk without every parent in the area eyeing them suspiciously.

Is it weird that I'm strangely interested in this? I am preparing myself for any crazy thing they throw in, I'm sure it will be terrible, but whatever, it was never going to be good. If they give enough screen time to Fichtner as Shredder, this thing could actually end up pretty entertaining.

It seems like very 5 years or so there's a mild resurgence in TMNT popularity, but it's nothing like it was during the boom in the 80's.

There's more saturation now, but TMNT is pretty huge again. I was shocked at how much TMNT swag kids at my daughter's school were wearing.

My now 9 year old watch the "first season" of the new animated show.

But they only had 6 episodes and took for ever before new episodes started coming out. He has moved on - so that was poor planning on their part.

Ditto. I had every one of those toys from the ones that transformed into "regular" turtles to the one where you could pull a strip through their back to speak phrases. I had the toy chest that was in the shape of a sewer cover, filled to the brim with nothing but TMNT figures. I can't believe all the dumb shit my parents bought me as a kid. My kids are getting nothing but shares of safe mutual funds and the occasional Office Suite package for their tablets.