DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Terminator 3 is really awesome and is criminally unloved. That movie had balls. So many shit on it because it didn't have a happy ending and they were doomed anyway. Spoilers. The rest of it was very entertaining. It was the funniest Terminator movie too.

I agree.  Have seen it many times and never thought it sucked.  It's just an entertaining movie.  I wasn't a big fan of Salvation but it's not unwatchable.  I'd watch either of them a million times before Avatar.  That movie was terrible. 

• Like 2

My daughter is eleven now and likes movies like The Fault In Our Stars and Divergent, so I may dodge this bullet.

Or not, since all I've heard this week is "When are we going to see How To Train Your Dragon 2, Dad?"

Guess this goes here:

Wachowski Bros. latest film, Jupiter Rising, got yanked from the summer release schedule.  Will now be released (buried) in Feb 2015:

http://www.eonline.com/news/547980/mila-kunis-and-channing-tatum-bumped-jupiter-ascending-release-pushed-to-2015

Saw the trailer over the weekend.  Looked like it could easily be a confusing mess.  Released Wachowski Brothers were attached and assumed it would be a confusinf mess.

Wachowskis are also no longer brothers.

• Like 2

My daughter is eleven now and likes movies like The Fault In Our Stars and Divergent, so I may dodge this bullet.

Or not, since all I've heard this week is "When are we going to see How To Train Your Dragon 2, Dad?"

The first HTTYD movie was AWESOME.  

And I think this trailer looks great.  I might actually check it out.  And, hey, Sheldon is one of the leads.  That works.

The trailer for Home was part of the How To Train Your Dragon 2 preview. 

My daughter:  "So, Dad.  We're going to see that too, right?"

Me:  "Sure..."

I will probably end up liking it more than her.

HTTYD2 was excellent, BTW.

Okay - he dropped after seeing the trailer????

God that makes me laugh way too much if true.

And yeah - I saw that trailer last week and was afraid

Most of these movies are just glorified made-for-VH1 type movies. I did get live when they played Suicidal Thoughts though. And Who Shot Ya. Really that whole movie was just an excuse to play the catalog. I have no problem with that. The rest kinda sucked.