DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Oh man, John Goodman looks like he gained all of his weight back and then some.

When the song says You Gotta Know When To Hold Em, it is not referring to turkey legs and doughnuts.

• Like 2

I'm trying really hard to feel bad for that 15-year old boy but shit..

He might be the most sympathetic heel ever.  Dude scores with J-Lo and then she shuts him down.  OF COURSE he's going to go crazy.  You can't just walk away from THAT - you're gonna want seconds, amiright?

Yeah, but what about a couple days later?  It's not like you're eating the whole cake in one sitting.  You gonna live with just a single slice for your entire life?  When you've a craving for cake and think of it every 7 seconds?

Okay, I saw Whiplash tonight.  If you watched the trailer and had any interest in it, you need to see it.  Whoa.  It was more intense than most of the action flicks I've seen recently.  J.K. Simmons' character is worse than you think.  I think I might be own board with Miles Teller recent Hollywood push. 

There are so many cringed worthy, yet well done scenes.  Just an uncomfortable movie.  It was great.

I'm going to need Suicide of Spades to see it (if he hasn't already) so he'll put it on his prize list for the 2015 Summer Blockbuster game.  It's not a perfect film, but it's probably my favorite movie of 2014 so far.

Man, my Facebook is gonna be unreadable for like, six months after the Alums see this.

Well, the movie's been out for almost a year so maybe you've missed all the fun.

On the other hand, when the OTHER Happy Valley movie gets made and released - the HBO one with Al Pacino - well...